BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Please find this.

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Eilidh
Moderators

Please find this.

To all of you reading this forum, searching for stories that resemble your own, contemplating your [many] identities, and trying to guess the reactions of others, just please know this: All of our journeys are radically different ... and all are radically the same. Lead your life safely and with self-respect, with kindness toward others and toward yourself. Do what is right for you in this moment. You are no more worthy for coming out and you are no less worthy for not coming out . (Read the second half of that sentence again.) Love yourself no matter what, and if you ever want someone to listen, if you could use some advice, or are just looking a big ol' bear hug, well, I can arrange that. Just PM me.

Hugs,
Eilidh Arrow

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:49 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Some wise words there Eil. You are so right - as much as we look for paralels between our 'coming out' storiess and others, every one of journeys is unique to us alone. In the end we all do what is right for us, in a time that suits us. And as you say we are neither more, or less, whether we come out or we dont.

I am learning that it is not a single event - since officially coming out to family a few months back I have realised that it is a long term, possible lifetime, process. People who 'know' may simple refuse to believe you, people who 'believe' you may need constant reinforcement of the fact and some people whom you loved and cared for may withdraw their love and support (either temporarily or for always). And always you will meet new people and have to make the judgement of whether they need to be told, or you need to tell them.

I feel we are all together, individually LOL. And that is a powerful force, so al those who are struggling with the decision, take heart that there is a huge invisible army standing with you, whatever you decide.

HugZ, MG

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:38 pm 
naturelover

You are right, Eilidh, "You are no more worthy for coming out and you are no less worthy for not coming out". Do what's right for you.

We came out a couple years ago because we felt that the time was right then. We could not be happier with that decision. We have lived together for 15 years. I think that itself said a lot about what's going on. People guessed it, they sensed it, they told us they're not blind! So here you go, some of us are just that lucky. You could be too.

Post Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:24 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: