BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Movies, Television and Film stars

Better than Golden Girls! (makes me in the mood for love!)

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
storybellz

Better than Golden Girls! (makes me in the mood for love!)

I know I started a thread a day or so ago... but I didn't want to post this on that thread, it would almost seem as though I'm talking to myself. I've posted so many of my own posts on that thread, that I thought this next post is worthy of a thread of its own...

I'm well into series 3 of Waiting for God now, with only about three episodes left, and I have decided that this is my favorite show ever!! There may be only one other show that is tied with it, and that's only because of my history with that show, I Love Lucy -- which I first saw as a little youngster, and it remained my favorite for years! So I feel I do owe it some loyalty. But aside from that, Waiting for God is now my favorite show of all time!! After I Love Lucy, I went through a Golden Girls phase, but after seeing so much of Waiting for God now, I must admit that it is even better -- I love it even more!

I know a lot of you may consider this an unfair comparison. After all, The Golden Girls was first -- originally airing in 1985. And The Golden Girls were American-- with an American sense of humor, which is quite different from British. Not only that, but the style of the British older people in the show is much different than the style of American older people in The Golden Girls. Of course, there are comparisons that can be made between the character of Dorothy and that of Diana Trent. But, as much as I love Dorothy, I confess right here, right now, that if this were a marriage, I'm filing for divorce! Because I'm now in love with Diana! She reminds me so much of someone from my real life whom I used to know -- not so much in character as in looks and style, but I adore her! Isn't she beautiful! She doesn't pile on the makeup, she doesn't outdo herself with fancy clothes, she's just subdued sophistication -- and I'm in awe of it! Yes, sometimes she takes her grumpiness a bit too far, in fact, quite a lot of times... but there is more to her than that. Somehow, she shines!

It's a pity that she is just a television character, because I can assure all of you who are reading this, if there is any possible way that I could possibly meet her, I would do all that I could to keep her in my life -- and Tom too!

I love the both of them! But, at the risk of sounding a bit fantastical like Tom, I'll say that the ideal situation for me would be if I could actually *be* Tom Ballard, and marry Diana Trent. The chemistry they have between each-other is so precious -- I love the cute way that they bicker! And now that they've started to be intimate with each other in series 3, I find my imagination running away with me, whereby I am vicariously living through the show, whereby I am Tom Ballard -- and Diana is my savory "piece of crumpet!" This show puts me on cloud nine somehow or another. I have no idea why or how, but the idea of Tom and Diana making love to each other is one of the biggest turn ons to me! It nearly sends me into an orgasm myself! I actually fantasize about it! Well... not the actual naked bodies and such, but the kisses, and the caresses, lying in the bed, holding each other close... that sort of thing... is a blissful picture to me; I do fantasize about that!

It could be that I think Tom is so charming and silly, and Diana so beautiful and strong, that when they make love, I know it must be a glorious affair! I find myself identifying with Tom every time I watch the episodes -- especially his way of having a rich fantasy life, but all the while, knowing that Diana will work everything out, because deep down, he knows how capable she is, he understands her character well enough to know that. And so do I! And Tom is quite a handsome old chap, I wouldn't mind looking like him at that age (if I were a man), in fact, I'd bloody well like it! Because that means I can be what Diana wants -- and I would feel capable of pursuing her, I would have much more confidence than I do as I am now...

I'm telling you, ladies, it's a good thing Diana Trent is only fictional -- because I may be tempted to hop a plane for the UK if I ever find out otherwise! And knowing Diana, that may not turn out so well! Especially as I'm only a twenty-something year old girl -- I don't know how she'd feel about that! But yes, I am utterly, hopelessly, passionately, and miserably in love with the magnetic, charismatic, sarcastic, but somehow tender -- Diana Trent! I may be the only twenty-something year old American girl in the whole world that feels this way-- but I don't care! I'd much rather be in Bayview (beautiful, quirky Bayview!), as 65-70 year-old Tom Ballard, wooing Diana Trent than I would want to be a 16 or 17 year-old Romeo wooing Juliet! And I'm darned serious! [the one thing I can't agree with about the show though is the residence' discontentment with Bayview -- I would love being a resident there, as long as I had my old pals by my side, and that lovely scenery!]

As I said in my other thread

melswebs.com/generalboards/viewtopic.php?t=9690

, Diana Trent can come across as quite a sourpuss sometimes, so, she's not for everyone... but, she is for me!

I love Waiting for God!! And just as my alter ego, Tom Ballard, ultimately concluded, I love Diana Trent! <3

Thus concludes my love-letter to Waiting for God!

Post Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:57 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: