BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Cooking Techniques and Recipes

Protein bars /replacement meals

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
jezzie

Protein bars /replacement meals

I often don't have time to eat during a day, so I came to idea to make myself replacement meal bars that I could have with me in a bag and eat it anytime. I found them very tastey. I looked up for a few recipies on the internet and adjusted it to get the taste I like.

For 8 bars with 13g of protein/each you will need:
1 cup of oatmeal
1,5 cups of rice flakes
3 eggs
3 scoops of whey protein (I use chocolate flavour)
1,5 tsp of peanut butter or milk butter (add more or less if prefered)
apple or pear juice
some cinnamon

mix together oatmeal and rice flakes and put apple (pear) juice just to cover them and leave for 1/2 hours or 45 min
(if you want less carbs in a meal, don't use rice flakes, replace with oatmeal, or some other grains with less carbs. I'm not sure how many carbs are in here because I need as much energy as I can get Very Happy )

separate egg yolks from egg whites

mix together egg yolks, (peanut) butter, whey protein, soaked oatmeal and cinnamon. you'll need to add some juice during the process, but be carefull. It should be only as thick as a mixture for pancakes.

mix egg whites separately to get that white fluffy thing that will not drop out of a bowl when turned upside down Laughing (how is it called in english anyway?)

now, mix that two things together easily, don't use electircal mixers (!)

Put some wax paper on the pan and pour this in. Bake in the owen for 1/2 hours on 350 F (or 180 C)

when cool, I cut it in 8 pcs to get 13g of protein per meal. I should be taking more, but this is the max size I can eat at once.

hope you'll like it! it is very practical and tastey meal Smile

and don't hesitate to experiment with taste. If you think something would taste good, add it in! And don't forget to share with us Cool

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Jezzie,

it's good that you are making your own bars with (mostly) natural ingredients instead of buying the processed ones that have all sorts of additives and preservatives.

I would add that there are some really good granola recipes out there. I can find some links if anyone is interested. Also, never underestimate the convenience of homemade sandwiches and fresh fruit!

//stepping down from the soapbox//

Hugs,
Eilidh

Post Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:26 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: