BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

I need some advice

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
AkinaChan

I need some advice

I'm new, and I'm planning to get back with an old girlfriend, whom I love.

The only thing is, I need to tell my parents before I ask her out. I'm ready to be who I am, and I want my family to know.

The problem is that almost my entire family is christian, and my mom knows about me, and doesn't like it at all, but she thinks I've stopped liking girls. My dad doesn't know at all.

So I need advice, any ideas on how I should tell my parents?

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Eilidh
Moderators

Most of us here have struggled with the same problem at one point or another: how to tell our parents. Since your mom knew at one point, could you just remind her of the fact and tell her that you haven't outgrown the "phase"? Perhaps she could tell your dad. I know some people who have approached the discussion in this manner and it actually turned out quite well for them. It's worth a try ...

~Eilidh

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:52 am 
Myth

Hey there!

While this is a topic I can't relate much to, since I had it very easy myself.. I just really want to say that, do it in a way that makes you feel better. Or less bad.. As long as you get it done.

Something like this can easily end up being a bump in the road for you that you can't get rid of unless you simple pick up and deal with it in any way you can... If you're lucky, it'll be real smooth (If awkward) - if you're unlucky, it might be a bit of a bump - but thats worth it, no?

If your mother knows/used to know, I think as Eilidh says it might be a good idea to remind her of it and how you feel. Maybe ask her to tell your dad as well.. Or depending on who you think will react better to it, maybe tell your dad first?

Not being very helpful here, I know, but just getting my thoughts out there.

Best of

Post Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:28 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: