BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

petecostal furor

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
StevieAT3

petecostal furor

Pentecost Furor

Friend,

It is about that time again; Pentecost Sunday is fast approaching. Definitely not a popular time in the liturgical calendar in most places. Instead of sugar plums and fairies, the images of snakes and in crazed people come to mind. This is just a little bit aggravating to me. So in an attempt to bring an understanding, and an appreciation akin to Easter or the Christmas season, here we go!
What is Pentecost Sunday anyway? The story of Pentecost Sunday is really as long as the story of God, but for the sake of understanding we will just say Acts 1:4-5
"Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift of my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. For john baptized with water but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit."
Simply Pentecost Sunday is a day of remembrance of what occurred when the Comforter fell upon the disciples and the surrounding believers after Jesus was resurrected.
So this is important to me how ? Well we have all heard the saying "no one ever said being a Christian made life any easier, just that you have a God to call on". Job was tried and tested and even though he thought the Lord forsaken him he still knew and believed there was a God. How much more could Job have weathered through with a constant friend and shield not just close to him but inside of him? Parents know that sometimes all their child needs is a hug and an assurance that all will be well. So when we are on our knees begging for something to go right when everything is falling down, wouldn't our God, our Father, and our Friend know to give us a hug and the same assurance that everything shall work out? This assurance comes to us by Jesus the holy Spirit and Comforter. We remember the God that created us, the child born for our sacrifice, our Savior and Redeemer, why not our Comforter?
If I live in remembrance of Pentecost Sunday will I become one of those in crazed tongue speaking people, they are scary? First off it doesn't matter if your baptist, Methodist, catholic, or pentecostal. If you believe that Jesus is lord and that he saved you from eternal death, your a christian. Claiming the name pentecostal has no more meaning in the grand plan of things than saying your a texan, it wont save you from anything. Being pentecostal is just stating that you choose to identify with the day of Pentecost, you have the holy spirit living and flowing inside of you. Here is a challenge to you. Give all your cares up, let your walls down. And let Jesus be free to roam around fixing healing protecting and shining through you. And when you can't understand what your saying or your not sure why your foot is tapping. Just smile and know you have been marked for the kingdom of Heaven.

Post Sat May 23, 2009 3:05 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: