BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Parenting

help...gay rights

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Aphrodite

help...gay rights

gay rights

It has come to my attention that my partners ex may try and take custody of her son because of our relationship. We have been together for over two years. I love her son as I love my own son. We have a 10 mth old together. We plan on spending the rest of our lives together.

Here is my cry for help. Though her past may be a little shaky and she has made mistakes. She has been working very hard to get her life in order and to make a wonderful life for our children.

I am looking for anyone that knows anything about the Hot Springs Arkansas gay rights. We are planning on getting married in Eureka Springs but we live in Hot Springs, Royal area. If you can find any information or guide me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it. Here is what I am looking for...

* Is there any legal grounds to take a child away from a parent who has been the only constant person in his life just because she was blessed enough to fall in love with a woman?

* The divorce papers state that neither parent is aloud to have the child around the others dating partners. They have to be married before the child comes in contact. Neither parent has followed this rule. What good parent would marry without knowing that there children get along with there partner?

* There has to be some way that we can keep our children and not have the stress of wondering if someone is going to try and take them away just because we are a gay couple.

Any research you could send my way would be appreciated. Or if you know of some helpful websites that would be great as well.

Goddess keep you all safe,
Aph

Post Fri May 15, 2009 3:47 am 
Phoenix
Moderators

Hello Aph,

Well, the short answer is that in order to take a child away from a parent or change custody one must prove abuse and/or negligence by that parent to the child. That is what should be done, the truth is, the judge you get can make a ruling in whatever way they want, and then say, "If you don't like my ruling, take it up on appeal!"

The judge knows that most people cannot afford the legal costs of an appeal which often run into the 20k range. My sister is a family law judge and we have discussed this issue because of my ex, and what if he were to try something like this. that it would just be up to the "luck of the draw" on who I got as a judge. She did not like my odds where I live, and simply said, try not to get into this issue with my ex..

I will tell you this, if there is no stipulation on where the parent may live, get the heck out of town and make it hard to be found. I know that sucks, but that's simply the only way to fight this if there isn't anything that can legally prevent her from moving and taking the child with her.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but basically you are at the mercy of whomever you get as a judge.

Pho

Post Fri May 15, 2009 3:33 pm 
Aphrodite

Thank you for your input. That seems to be the census from everyone Ive spoken to. She says she is willing to fight with me by her side. We shall see what happens. So far nothing thank the gods.

goddess keep you

Post Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:07 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: