BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Movies, Television and Film stars

Bad/Good Movies - not necessarily lesbian themed
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Bad/Good Movies - not necessarily lesbian themed

The Hulk! This just got released and I couldn't get into it at all. Edward Norton played bruce banner with no personality at all. i was not impressed. Please don't buy this .

I will watch it again but I don't think it will change my opinion.

Darkchyldeskiss

(i changed the title because it seems we've talked about some good and bad movies. )

Last edited by DarkChyldesKiss on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:26 am 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

American vampire with Carmen Electra! Don't watch it! I got lured into buying this one during Halloween. It was on sale. It was such a bad film, I threw it out! There was nothing entertaining about this other than watching it fly into the bin!

I'd like to see if anyone can name another vampire film that could make this one look good! lol

Post Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:50 am 
PipSqueak

Mmmm, love vampire movies. Stayed up l8 last night 2 watch Underworld:Evolution cos I'd 4gotten how bad that was Confused

Post Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:32 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

LOL! The 2nd Underworld definitely wasn't as good as the first but its no way worse than American vampire with Carmen Electra! lol

Dusk til dawn (original with George Clooney) was an excellent vampire movie but 2 & 3 sucked something awful! The sequels are rare to be as good as the original.

There are some exceptions! The Alien movies with Sigourney Weaver rocked except for #3 which was on a prison planet where Ripley died. They did come back and blow our minds with Resurrection so it redeemed #3.

I know my vamp ,werewolf and critter movies!

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:31 am 
PipSqueak

What about the Prophecy movies? I liked the way the angels hung around in the first one. I've only met one other person who's seen them!! Sad
Liked the judas twist in Dracula 2001 too. Smile

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:01 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

I've seen the first prophecy movie. I'm not sure I've seen the other two but now I'll be scouting about for them lol

I had Dracula 2001 sitting out right now. I always pull out my vamp movies during October to sort of celebrate Halloween in my own way lol I loved the judas angle they used!

Ever seen the movie 'The Order' with Heath Ledger? It's a very dark movie about a tormented Carolignian priest who is hunting for The Sin Eater. It's one of my favorite movies of Heath Ledger.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:01 pm 
storybellz

Bubble Boy

That movie was just to .... ummm.... how can i say this nicely... DUMB for my taste.

Also, avoid Girls Will Be Girls. It's kinda good in the sense that it's plenty campy. So, if ya like that sorta thing (which i do) you'll wanna give it a chance. But, if you're turned-off a bit by too much crude humor, this on may not be your cup of tea.

Oh, and speaking of campy, can't leavve-out Pat. That was just a little too odd to be funny, IMO.

Post Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:24 pm 
PipSqueak

Love to do that, can I come over nxt year! Smile
Watched Interview with a Vamp late Oct (Got all the books-nearly always get bored halfway thro, but love the way they're written). Then on 31st, my lil sis n I did Lost Boys (Jami Gertz) n Van Helzing (she loves Hugh n I love Kate's gear n the vamps clothes are gorgeous). Ended up going to Halloween party as a Dark fairy as the result of that night!! Am eyeing up John Carpenter's Vampires, 1&2, can't remember them.
Yes, liked The Order (it was Sineater over here.....Shannyn Sossamon!), Like most of Heath's movies, will miss him.
On sequels, I've got AVP cos I enjoyed both creatures n h8 2 choos between the 2!!

Thnx Storybellz, I'll keep an eye out for Girls will be Girls, there's not much on imdb about it tho...

Post Sat Nov 22, 2008 8:41 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

storybellz

I'm right there with you on Pat and bubble boy! Girl will be girls movie isn't anything i've heard of but will avoid it lol I'm not huge on crude or stupid movies.

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:23 am 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

PurpleUk

I love Lost boys! I have to say I hated the sequel that came our recently. I was extremely disappointed in it on every level. It took that long to make a sequel? I could have written a better sequel and definitely found some better actors to play the parts.

Ok another bad vampire movie was the first Blood Rayne. I loved Kristanna Loken's role but she was surrounded with actors that had no life in them. Let's not forget the bad vampire deaths! The director of the movie, uwe boll is well known for turning video games into movies so I'm not sure what happened with this one except the budget. The 2nd Blood Rayne was well cast even though loken wasn't in it. The woman who took over her role did a good job.

I loved Carpenter's Vampires! The female vamp lead in #2 did an awesome job. It's not often you come across a female vamp that carries the role off so well. Arly Jover who is the female vamp also had a small role in the first Blade movie! You might not recognize her because she's blonde and a hyper punk type lol! Jon bon Jovi made a good vampire hunter!

Did you take any pics of your Halloween gear? I've got a pic up in the gallery which i consider my vamp clothes. A long black velvet jacket with a white shirt that has long fancy sleeves on it. Shame it wasnt worn for halloween but that's another story! lol

AVP movies are great! You are probably the only person I know that has seen the Order/Sineater with Heath Ledger! Awesome movie.

Post Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:43 am 
PipSqueak

Ah Bloodrayne, on my list of movies 2c, thnx 4 the tip!
When I was a teenager I used to love the old black n white hammer horror vamps!!
There was only one photo taken on a camera but it was 2 dark so it hasn't come out. I seemed 2 have managed not to get in2 the other ones that flooded fb!! I am the most ungothic person alive, so it was v. amusing ( i wore my sparkly purple boots 2 lighten it up)!!!
My sister n I watched a english vamp movie but I can't remember the name. It was so bad we only watched the first 20 mins...I'll go 2 blockbusters and try n find it.
hmmm..other bad vampire movies...

Post Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:51 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

PurpleUk

I didn't realize prophecy has 5 movies! I've ordered them to get re-acquainted with the first one and to see where they go.

Bad English vamp movie? An older one? Maybe fearless vampire hunters? It wasn't all that bad if you can deal with the camp that's through it lol

I've also got A dracular movie with Christopher Lee that isn't a Hammer Film. The write up was good so I'll wait and be the judge of it. I own all the Christopher Lee Dracula films that Hammer put out!

Post Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:00 pm 
PipSqueak

mutters quietly, I have Prophecy 1,2,3. Think later ones aren't as good, didn't know they went up to 5...haven't watched them for about 6 years..
ur gonna b busy when they arrive!!!
(Not watching happy Thanksgiving movies now then!!!! Laughing )

Post Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:19 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

They arrived just before Thanksgiving! Well that is except movie #1! lol I had to wait 4 more days before that one showed up so I could start watching the movies.

Nope didn't watch Thanksgiving movies lol I don't even know what was on the tv in the front room. I think my brother put on football.

Post Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:49 pm 
PipSqueak

Very Happy Blood Ties is waiting 4 me 2 pick up at the Post Office.....
Got coursework to hand in Thurs/Fri 2pm deadline, followed by Drink The Bar Dry on friday. It's the first time since I started uni 2 years ago that it's happened on a child free weekend for me.
Saturday I am xmas shopping, picking up the dvd, then crashing on the sofa!!!!

Post Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:32 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: