BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Parenting

Today is one of those days

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
PipSqueak

Today is one of those days

Rolling Eyes Can you believe it?! Rolling Eyes I am not a bad mother, but my son (3 years old)is a "real" boy, not one of those cotton-wool wrapped kiddies.
Today, he came into the kitchen telling me he'd had accident this morning whilst I was putting the kettle on. Turns out he had got down from the breakfast table and done a Wonder Woman spin with a half-full yougurt pot! Yes, we spent 20 minutes cleaning walls, curtains, fireplace, tv., ornaments, toys.....

Later, he went down a set of stairs at a friend's house as we left to go home to bed, got the bottom and fell forward with the momentum and banged his head. A cartoon sized bump came up in the middle of his fore head and after a cry he was absolutely fine, giggling and chatting like normal. Anyway as it was close to bed-time, so my sister and I went to A&E to get it checked and an hour later he is declared fit and healthy and discharged!! Thank God for the NHS, I don't know how i'd manage in the US...

Am off to bed, looking forward to a calm Sunday...pleeease!! Nite xx

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:11 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

LOL Purp, I couldn't help smiling at your post but only because it reminds me that I have "been there, done that!" At one stage I had 3 boys under the age of four years, so I know exactly what it is like. We had those duck eggs on foreheads and fingers slammed in doors and falls off everything damn thing there is to fall off LOL. Your son sounds like a typical happy and healthy boy and unfortunately it can only get worse! Wait until he is driving a car!!

Hang in there, they grow up and then you wish they were little again.

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:07 am 
PipSqueak

Smile Thank you!
Sunday went without accident and lots of fun. Have been away since Sun nite and just got bk (9pm),so can't wait til he wakes up!!!!
I dread to think what he'll be like when he's older, cars and motorbikes are going to be scary..
At latest I know where he gets it from, I was always in scrapes at a kiddie. Embarassed

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:33 pm 
twilight

Ok, Noni, you did nothing to inspire me that it ever ends. My accident prone one is my youngest daughter. She has had three Emergancy Room visits this since mid June! Sprained left elbow, bruised her right shin bone and the latest was a bruised right elbow. The right elbow happened Monday at school. She has always been accident prone. I thought by 10 it would start to slow down. Nope just as many ER visits as always!

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Karigan

My middle child was my accident prone one when she was younger. When she was 2 she was zooming about our local recreation center when she bonked herself on a pool table (9 stitches later on her forehead, but she fell asleep while they were putting them in lol), when she was 4 was at a friend's house and bonked the same exact spot on her forehead on their coffee table, 8 stitches later sigh. And one more time when she was 4, in the middle of the night she fell out of her bed sound asleep and broke her collar bone.. So yea been there done that! My other 2 kids were easy heh.

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:41 am 
PipSqueak

Thnx, I feel so much better. Even more unbelievably, J was running out of the park the following Saturday, fell over and banged the same place! We popped bk up to A&E again where they pulled the previous week's notes outta the drawer behind reception. .... Embarassed
Last Saturday, he was with his dad, no harm done!!! Laughing

Post Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:37 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: