BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Member Introductions

Hi n Thanx
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
PipSqueak

Hi n Thanx

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts on the boards. Without knowing you have really helped and supported me whilst I'm feeling very alone.

I've spent nearly 40 years ignoring how I feel about women as I come from a very strong opinioned church family and coming of age in a small-minded town. The fear of rejection and failure was very real. My whole world was straight and I dated men when asked and even got married when I ran out of reasons why not!! Confused

Each time a relationship ended I swore it would be the last time as I felt so uncomfortable with men. None of the relationships were bad or abusive, just not right..

Finally 2 years ago after the last one (and surviving-quite easily to my surprise-having a baby out of wedlock) I decided enough was enough.

I feel so free and lighter now I've made that decision and stuck to it! Smile

I'm kinda stuck now and you all helped keep me out of my closet as "the fear" built up again. I finally plucked up courage to blurt to my 2 best friends that, No I still hadn't found a boyfriend and that I was trying to find a girlfriend but that seemed impossible!! 1 who is a counsellor stayed really quiet whilst the other told me that she doesn't let her children watch Ugly Betty in case they see 2 men kissing and think it's alright. She apologised for "being a bigot" but that was how she felt..... We were interrupted and the subject has never been brought up again. I'm thinking of meeting up to chat with the counsellor one. It's really put me off talking to my family.

I really want some support that I'm not a freak and have somewhere I can relax and feel normal. I plucked up courage to visit a local lesbian cinema group but as we met up to see a film, didn't get much time to chat. I haven't been able to go back because of childcare for my baby. I've checked out local things on the net but everything seems to clash with my childcare, grrr.

Wow, that went on a bit! Any way, thanks for listening and again thank you sooo much for just being there. xxx

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:38 pm 
storybellz

I just had to reply to this! What a beautiful introduction that was! I am so happy for you, that you have found peace, lurking around these boards; and i'm even more glad that you have finally joined us!

You have taken some very big steps for yourself, and coming out to your best friends-- having the courage to handle whatever their reactions may have been, that took guts!!

I know what you did wasn't easy, esp. considering your conservative, rathar "small-minded" upbringing. I too live in those parts, and deal w/ that sort of society. It makes it tough!

So, i just wanted to say i'm proud of you! Very Happy

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:04 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

Hello ((((((((((((Purpleuk))))))))))))))
first of all, A Very warm welcome to Mels and secondly thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself and as "Story said*( a beautiful intro it is too) Wink

Congratulations on finding yourself after so long,just take your time, sit back, kick off your shoes and relax... theres no hurry... you will find that you are among a beautiful group of caring ,understanding ladies here who will help and support you in any way that they can. Smile

When you feel comfortable aqnd when you feel the time is right, do pop into the chat room, you'll always find a warm welcome in there and it's a wonderful place to meet/make new friends.

(((((((((Hugs))))))))
Angel1 x x x Exclamation

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:40 pm 
jade547

Hi

welcome to mels, you will find a lot of friends here, all will listen and understand.

i can relate to what you are saying, it took me a long time to come out, but now i have a weight has been lifted. And i told all my friends (not at the same time) then my family - you will do that in your own time and when you are ready to do so. I lost some friends along the way, because of my sexuality - and that was hard, but i knew that going in and telling them. I have no regrets with coming out - the only regret i have is that i should of done it sooner.

any how kinda going on a bit - welcome

kind regards
donna

Post Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:23 pm 
PipSqueak

Just popped on quickly and saw ur messages. Thanx for ur welcome.

Nice 2 hear from you Storybellz and Angel1, I recognise u from the boards!! It's good 2 hear from Uk people, it makes me feel less isolated!!!!! Laughing

Post Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:33 pm 
Purp

Welcome, PurpleUK, from another Purp. Smile I am glad you found the courage to tell your friends this. Good luck with the family, though. I'm sorry you had to go through so much pain to find this out about yourself. Better to be honest then suffer, though. I hope to read and enjoy your posts here online.

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:12 am 
GreenEyedKiss
Moderators

PurpleUK,
Great big welcome to Mels. I have no doubts that you will find a nice peaceful place to make new friends that understand what you are going through. This site is filled with wonderful understanding ladies, that support and care about you. Please come to chat and have some fun.
Again, welcome to Mels.
Green

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others remains immortal"

Post Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:56 pm 
lake63

hi there

Welcome to Mels. You will meet a lot of great women in here, I have Smile Its a great place to chat, vent, post poems, stories...whatever. Guarantee you'll love it here, same as all of us. Exclamation
Hope to see you in chat sometime.

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Beyonce Welch

Hi
I hope that we meet in chat soon.
Arrow
Beyonce

A day without makeup is equal to a day in purgatory

Dangerous when blonde

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:54 pm 
PipSqueak

Hello, thank you all for your kind messages.
Sorry for the delay in reply, but I've just started working away from home for a few days a week without access to Internet!! It's lovely to sleep in a nice hotel, enjoy good food without the washing up but I do miss my son!

Hopefully I'll get my log-in sorted out for chat and meet you in there too!! Smile

Post Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 pm 
PipSqueak

Following a discussion on height in chat, I've found the inspiration to change my name to avoid further confusion with Purp!!! Smile

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:54 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Hiya Pip..........Hmmm, even though we have been chatting for almost two years, I see I never welcomed you to Mels properly. So here goes

WELCOME TO MELS PIPSQUEAK (ALIAS PURPLEUK)

Interesting reading your initial intro...............how about an update of your current situation. Sometimes I think we should all go back and look at our first tenative forays into Mels and realise how far we have come even if it sometimes feels like we haven't moved forward very far. This is a place of healing, friendship and dreaming. And some lucky women even meet the love of their life here LOL

HugZ, MG (who also changed her name, people get used to it very quickly)

Post Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:57 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

*following MG's lead*

I never welcomed you at all--sorry, don't know how that happened--so welcome (again) with huge open arms. ((((((((((((((((((((((Pip))))))))))))))))))))))))

I am continually amazed at the number of Superwomen we have running around this site -- putting all sorts of energy into finding male partners, getting married, having children, and then still having enough life left to find beauty and companionship in other women ... not to mention love. You all freakin' amaze me.

Hugs,
Eilidh

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:07 am 
Tracey

((((((((((((((((Pip)))))))))))))))))))))

love the new name!

*hugs*

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:29 am 
PipSqueak

(((((Trace, MG, Eil))))))
Thank you Ladies, very weird but nice to be welcomed! Very Happy I promise to pop into chat more often!!

Post Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:37 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: