BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

The Reason for Gravity

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Vampyre_Zero

The Reason for Gravity

The Reson for Gravity
By Vampy_Zero

Most people think of Gravity as just a force that keeps you on the ground.
But their is more than that. Gravity can also protect us from exploring Space too soon. I believe that Gravity keeps us from loosing loved ones in space. I will be adding more to this Essay in the coming days. Take care

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Vampyre_Zero

The Reason for Gravity Part II

Gravity is more important to us than most realize. It's sad to think how, groups like NASA think that they know whats best for Humanity. If only we didn't have the Space Race with the Russians, maybe things would be different. Maybe less lives would have been lost by now. It's too bad we couldn't have worked with Russia back then, instead of against them. The Government and NASA have so much technology at their fingertips that they don't use. I think NASA is in the Technology Stone Age. As a whole, technology is very primitive. Just think about it. Think back to The Great Thinkers of yesterday: Galileo , Isaac Newton, and Leonardo da Vinci, to name a few. If their ideas were more accepted, just imagine the level of Technology advancement we would have by now. The Future of tomorrow, lies in our past. You just have to know when to look.
So, just because we can, doesn't mean we are ready to travel to the stars. I don't think enough people watch Science Fiction Movies and TV Shows. If they did, I don't think they would be so ready to go into space. Also, we don't want just anybody in space. Space Tourism is a big thing now. In about a year or so, the head of Virgin Airlines, wants to take people into space to see the Earth. Do you really think they will be watching every single person on the shuttles into space? It can take take one person, to endanger the lives of all. Their have been so many problems with NASA's shuttles, why do these independent groups think they can do any better? Some may, but they will be doing it for the wrong reasons, just to make quick cash. It's crazy how much some people have already paid to go into space.
Maybe it's just me, maybe people are willing to take the risks to go into space. They shouldn't in my opinion. More research needs to be done first. This is just my opinion.

Post Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

Vamp,

Nice essay you have going here Smile

I also think more research and technological advancements need to be made before trying to colonize space and I believe that some of that advancement will not be an advancement at all but just plain old common sense approaches. Sometimes people tend to think to much and make things more complicated than they need to be. For example the Russians use pencils in space and Americans use ink pens made to be used in space...If the email that has circulated the globe is correct (it is not correct by the way) then it cost Americans 1 million dollars to develope the Space Pen while the Russians used a good old #2 pencil that cost pennies at that time.

People are willing to take the risks to go into space...the ones that go are the ones who want to and it has been their life long dream to be out there among the stars. They all know the chances they are taking and they are willing to take those chances. People have died each step along the way and with each step taken forward there will be others who do not return. Everyday as people step out their doors to go to work there are some who will never make it to work and there are some who will never make home after work. Risk is a part of living for everyone and for some the risks are greater and that is just the way they like it. There is no part of life that is risk free.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: