BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

so freaking confused

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
OceanWaves

so freaking confused

Hey everyone.

I've posted here before once or twice, and I've been "lurking" for over a year now I think. Every time I think I've figured myself out, I freak and think "this is just a phase" etc. And then I'll try and date a man and it turns into a disaster. I met a guy recently who would be perfect for me in so many ways, but as soon as it gets physical, forget it. Can't do it. In my heart I think I finally understand that I am just not sexually attracted to men. I've never dated a woman, never kissed a woman, but I want to.

I'm just too scared to know where to start! My younger sister is my best friend and I really want to tell her, but I have no idea how. She's very open and understanding, but I don't want her to hate me. She talks about her relationship with her boyfriend all the time, and that's part of what has cemented for me that I'm just not interested in men in the same way, probably never have been.

I guess I'm just looking for advice or anyone who can relate. What was the first step you took? How did you tell those closest to you? How did you meet other women?

Help! Smile

Post Sun May 11, 2008 4:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
holly

Probably start telling a friend or two is a good way to start. Maybe your friends know other lesbians and could introduce them to you. That's how it worked for me.

You say your sister is very open and understanding; probably she won't mind.

Post Sun May 11, 2008 6:49 pm 
OceanWaves

Thanks for the reply Holly. Smile I'm new to my city and don't really know anyone who could introduce me to people, but I'm hoping to go to a gay bar or two very soon. I'm pretty sure I know what I want, I just don't want to hurt anyone in the process, you know?

Post Tue May 13, 2008 4:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: