BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Another coming out

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
BabyDoomer

Another coming out

Mommy, daddy, please sit down.
I've got something important to tell you...
I'm a, i'm a...L...L-Loser! Do you still love me???
I'm sorry all your efforts and resources were wasted.
Plus i'm a smoker. I'm sorry, i can't help it. It's genetic they say.
Please, love me!

Anyway, i'ma save that convo for another day.

When i first started outing myself, it usually starts with other people's inquiry about me having a boyfriend or not.
Then i'd tell them that i don't like boys.
Then they'd usually ask, "you like girls then?"
And i'd just smile, nod, and say "yep."

When i told my dad, i still hadn't the nerve to say lesbian. That word was still scary to me at the time.
So i was sitting with him one day, and half-jokingly told him that i wanted to marry the lady from the pizza place. Then i told him i didn't like boys.
He called me crazy and asked "so both of my kids are gay? (assuming my bro is too)" hahaha then that was that. Then he just told me i better go back to school and make something of myself. I hate school. argh!

I told my mom through the phone the same way, by leading the horse to the water, and not just dumping a bucket over its head, so to speak. I couldn't say "i'm gay." it's just too weird for me.
My mom asked the same question about having two gays, then she made me promise her that i'd stop smoking. lolz

When i told my group of friends that i used to hang out with, they were a bit surprised but started teasing me, asking if i ever kissed another woman yet. Sadly, i told them no. It's dumb cause they used to tease me that i was gay, cause i never had a bf or seemed interested in any boys.
One of my teenhood friends i grew up with told me if she were to ever turn lesbian, she probably couldn't imagine dating me cause she sees me like a sister. Fortunately the feelings are mutual. ha

Anyway, that is my story of coming out. It wasn't that bad in my case, but i'm still single and it sucks. By technicality, i ain't a lesbian yet! =(

Post Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:16 am 
Purp

quote:
Mommy, daddy, please sit down.
I've got something important to tell you...
I'm a, i'm a...L...L-Loser! Do you still love me???
I'm sorry all your efforts and resources were wasted.
Plus i'm a smoker. I'm sorry, i can't help it. It's genetic they say.
Please, love me!

That's very brave of you, coming out to your parents. It sounds like they handled it well.

quote:
When i first started outing myself, it usually starts with other people's inquiry about me having a boyfriend or not.
Then i'd tell them that i don't like boys.
Then they'd usually ask, "you like girls then?"
And i'd just smile, nod, and say "yep."

That's good. Sounds like you hang out in some open minded places, and with some open minded people.

quote:
When i told my dad, i still hadn't the nerve to say lesbian. That word was still scary to me at the time.
So i was sitting with him one day, and half-jokingly told him that i wanted to marry the lady from the pizza place. Then i told him i didn't like boys.
He called me crazy and asked "so both of my kids are gay? (assuming my bro is too)" hahaha then that was that. Then he just told me i better go back to school and make something of myself. I hate school. argh!

School may be hard right now, but college is a great escape. You will meet a variety of people, and most colleges have social clubs for EVERYTHING from different classes (i.e. math club, Spanish club, etc.) to clubs involving various careers (nursing clubs, teaching clubs), to hobbies (anime, photography, writing, etc.), to the diversity of the college itself (i.e. Latino/as, African Americans, Christian clubs, and gay/lesbian clubs . One way to find what you might be looking for is collegeboard.com. I think they have career center that might help you out witha career. A lot of colleges also offer study abroad, which I also highly recommend. If you aren't sure what you want to do, you may want to take a gap year and work full time and save your money. You also may want to do something like Americorp or City Year.

quote:
I told my mom through the phone the same way, by leading the horse to the water, and not just dumping a bucket over its head, so to speak. I couldn't say "i'm gay." it's just too weird for me.
My mom asked the same question about having two gays, then she made me promise her that i'd stop smoking. lolz

It can be hard to quit smoking, and I wish you the best of luck. I also hope you quit smoking, too. Do yo have a friend that smokes, too? Perhaps you could quit together. If nothing else, ask your doctor about Chantix or Nicorette.

quote:
When i told my group of friends that i used to hang out with, they were a bit surprised but started teasing me, asking if i ever kissed another woman yet. Sadly, i told them no. It's dumb cause they used to tease me that i was gay, cause i never had a bf or seemed interested in any boys.
One of my teenhood friends i grew up with told me if she were to ever turn lesbian, she probably couldn't imagine dating me cause she sees me like a sister. Fortunately the feelings are mutual. ha

Anyway, that is my story of coming out. It wasn't that bad in my case, but i'm still single and it sucks. By technicality, i ain't a lesbian yet! =(

Don't worry about your friends teasing you. They're probably a little unsure of what to say or do. I told my friend of 30+ years, and she wasn't too sure about it, either. I told I liked her, but platonically. It can be a little scary, not knowing the reaction. I'm single too, but still a lesbian. Don't worry, you will find Ms. Right. Good luck to you, you are in my prayers. Exclamation

Post Thu May 29, 2008 7:01 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: