BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Parenting

Look at the world... Can I do this to a kid ?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Alice In Quantum Land

Look at the world... Can I do this to a kid ?

I came to this conclusion a long time ago :

I cannot bring a kid in this homophobic world. It would be egocentric of me to have a child just because I want one, and then expose him to all this hatred and anguish. Therefor I will not have childrens and it's saddens me.

I thought that for years. Until I had a discussion with one of my friends. Who is a straight kinda homophobic guy. I told him :

- I will not be able to pardon myself if my child comes back from school with a broken nose because of the way I live.

He answered :

- Guess what ! The kid will come back with a broken nose no matter what !

What do you think about it ? Do I put to much on myself ?

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:23 pm 
Alice In Quantum Land

I want to add that I have a very very very very close gay friend and he wants to have kids to. He told me recently that he would love it if I could be the mother.

I think that he would be a great father, I sincerely love him and couldn't see any better options...

What do you think should friends have children together ?

Post Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:36 pm 
Eia

i think for you, u have a perfect situation. even though both of your child's parents will be gay, he or she would still have a mother and a father, both active in thier lives, and would face alot less persecution than a child with parents of only one sex

Post Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
nobodysangel

When I was with my ex of 6 years we wanted a child..I had a friend at the hospital where I worked who offered to be the donor..He is a gay doctor..very handsome and very intelligent..we had always had a great working relationship..as far as men go, he really is a great man..I became pregnant ..but lost the baby..the only problems we had..was first of all his partner was very jealous..they want a child of their own..there he was giving his sperm to a lesbian couple to fulflll their dream..secondly he disliked my partner..he was able to see things that at the time I was not.. she and I have since broken up..we are both with different people now..I for one am happier now than I have ever been...When the time comes and my new partner and I are ready to try for a child I would not mind using this man as a donor..that may pose a problem since we will be living in California and he is in Tennesee.....to answer your question, should friends have a child togehter..you have to take in several factors...are both of you in a relationship with someone else? lots of things to consider..hope you make the decision that is best for you..as well as what is best for the child that will be brought into this not so perfect world.. good luck.. Arrow naughty

Post Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:03 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: