BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Christian Women?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
girlynexdoor

Christian Women?

Are there any bisexual or lesbian Christians on here? Did you come out at your church? How did they take it? Do you go to a church that supports gays or doesn't? Sorry for all the questions I was just wondering since I am pretty into my church and I thinking about coming out.. sometime ha! Okay, thank you!

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:13 am 
Xalia1
Moderators

Girly,

I am Christian.
I attended the same church from the time I was around 10, until I was about 22... I have no doubt that they knew at the time I was bi-sexual, but it was never brought up. It was kind of like 'don't talk about it and its ok'.

My chick and I have been talking about getting into a chuch here..(I just moved to be with her, several states away) But here, its much different.
It will be a little hard to find a church that is accepting.

Good luck!!

Hugs,
Xalia

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Rosebud

I am also Christian, but I don't participate in organized religion. My spirituality goes deeper than that.

Gay friendly churches are o.k., but they tend to lack the depth of that my spirituality goes.

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:13 pm 
hybridshadow

I too am Christian.. however, I haven't come out to anyone (especially not my church congregation/friends) at this point. I go to a Pentecostal church, and it doesn't really support homosexuality at all. My church and such is very important to me, and I don't want to lose (or risk losing) them from coming out.

I think the questions you're wondering and facing are important and legitimate ones to have. I hope everything goes well for you. Smile Good luck hun!

Hyb

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:45 am 
Jess819

Hello, I just wanted to say that I have an old friend who is lesbian and a minister. I guess it all depends on YOUR church.

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Eia

my church preaches openly against homosexuallity, and i have no doubt i would be excommunicated

Post Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
angelsmoki

Xalia, you'd be surprised the kinds of churches you can find even in the middle of the bible belt. I am a christian but do not go to church with any regularity, and when I do I attend a catholic church which obviously thinks my life is an huge sin as a lesbian. I attend mostly on religious holidays.

There is a church close by that is open to glbt. I found it through the local university's lgbt organization. I plan to eventually attend once I get over my shyness since I will be going alone. My partner has no desire to attend with me so I feel a bit awkward going alone not knowing anyone.

Might I suggest you look for MCC or UCC churches. They seem to be open to everyone, or so their philosophies state.

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:58 am 
jessy

I am also a christian but I rarely go to church these past few months. Everybody tells me being gay is a sin to God. That's part of the reason why I dont usually go to church. Although my ex-gf, her mom and ex-bestfriend are the only people who know I like girls, I feel very uncomfortable showing myself to a sacred place like that.

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:06 pm 
Maureen Welch

Mass

My partner and I are both Catholic and attend Mass every Sunday ( or Saturday evening ) and all Holy Days. We are both believers in Jesus and will not dishoner him by taking communion. Catholics, at mel's will, understand what I mean . Until about two months ago I hadn't had a same sex experience in many, many years, and with it was with the same woman that I am in love with now.

Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:16 am 
Mystic

Yes I am a Christian and I like women, I live with my life partner.

I struggle with my sexuality and religion.

mystic

Post Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:57 pm 
lone_wondering_wolfess

I don't really consider myself any sort of religion, but I'm not athiest either. I believe in God and Jesus and alot of the stuff christians believe in, but I also take bits of other religions I learn about as well. I'm pretty much a mutt, if you will. Anywho, I don't think the church my mom used to go to would make too much of a fiasco if I were to come out to them, but i'v never gone there myself. Personally I don't believe homosexuality is a sin to God and if I were to tell you the main reasons alot of people here would probably think i'v lost my mind.

"If homosexuality is a sin, then so is love itself." ~ me

Post Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:04 am 
Dark prism

Good quote, lone. I like that, alot.

Dp

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:57 am 
Confused

Hope you don't mind me jumping on this topic.
Ok don't freak out when I mention my husband co's I'm still trying to work things out in my head but thats all on another post.
I was really distressed the other day co's I am a christian. I've always been told that being gay is a sin and if you have them thoughts then you should pray and ask for them to be taken away. My husband told me this:
I beleive that Jesus will love you for who you are. He wants us to love one and other, to have parteners to love and share our lives with.

Ok so he put it alot better then I ever could! But it helped me alot! I don't feel so ashamed of who I am anymore. But as for your question? I don't think I could ever come out to my church simply because I'm too afraid Embarassed

Post Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:03 pm 
baka

Priest daughter here. Haven't come out i don't think I'll ever do it since i chose a life of celibate . But my advice for those who have trouble with Christians saying it is a sin, tell them a fact that will hurt them like hell. In the bible, and according to Jesus, there is no difference between sins. All sins are equals and god hates ALL of them. But remember God hates the sin, not the sinner. Meaning, a killer, a homosexual, a pedophile and a lier, are all in the same sack. And boyyy people lie a lot, if you do a stupid "white lie" you are in the same position of a rapist. Most "Christians" don't even know about this shocking fact since they never read their bible. Others just don't like to admit it.

anyway tl;dr... long live Buddha! Twisted Evil
“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

Post Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:21 am 
AzNativeBaller

JOHN 3:16

Hello all...hows everyone?

I am Native American and do have my beliefs with my tribe. Theres many ways to describe but all and all we call it Native American Church (NAC). But I am also Christian. I grew up in a christian home, with my grandparents being pastors. When I meet my ex she introduce me to another belief. Wow beyond my mind I took it in.

So as I have become the person I am today with both Beliefs. I have been called upon to become a pastor. For me its to bring two beliefs into one. Its doesnt fear me yet I am excited to do so. Nothing is standing in my way cause I know I can say hey God gots my back...

John 3:16

"For God So Loved The World''
God loved the world...that dont say this one person or that person. it means everyone on this world.
"He gave his only begotten son"
God gave us his only son to us. For us to see to learn and teach from.
"That So Ever Believeth In Him"
No matter who believes in him. its saying anyone and everyone believe in him
"Shall Not Perish But Have Everylasthing Life"
We shall not perish....meaning in order to have this everylasting life we must come to death. to have everylasting life forever as in spirit but not in body.

WHEN THIS IS READ JOHN 3:16 ITS MEANT FOR EVERYONE. NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE. WE CAN CALL GOD A LIAR WE CAN ASK THE QUESTIONS NEXT ON WHY ITS WRITTEN LIKE THAT. I SAY HE LOVE ME THAT MUCH TO MAKE ME WHO I AM TODAY. GIVING HIS SON FOR ME TO LEARN AND SO FORTH. YEAH NO MATTER WHO I AM I BELIEVE IN HIM. FOR THAT HE TELLS ME I SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERYLASTING LIFE.
KNOWING I CAN BE ME AND LOVE WHO I LOVE CAUSE IT DONT MATTER. I STILL CONTINUE TO GO TO CHURCH AND TO NAC. YES PPL TALK YET YOU READ WHAT YOU BELIEVE YOU STUDY YOU UNDERSTAND. YOU BECOME A BETTER PERSON FOR UNDERSTANDING. LEARN FROM WHAT HATE IS BEING TOSS AT YOU. ONE LAST THING I OFFEND YOU I AM SORRY. GOD BLESS

*AZ*

Post Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:49 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: