BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Parenting

question about parenting please

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
rainbowbrite82

question about parenting please

Okay, so my son is now nine months old. I went up to pa to bring back my nephew because his daddy (my brother) is having a hard time coping with his twenty year relationship ending and he's seeking help and is in rehab. My nephew is having a hard time adjusting, especially since he's never really been taken care of his entire life. Should I keep my son in daycare, even on the days I have off, so that my nephew can fully adjust to me?

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:28 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Rainbow,

I would like to know how old you nephew is before I could seriously reply to this question. Though my gut instinct (as a mother who had 3 kids under 4 y) is that you shouldn't disrupt your own child's schedule too much, otherwise you will end up with 2 unhappy little ones on your hands.

Noni

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:04 pm 
rainbowbrite82

my nephew is fourteen months old. well, i think i will ask for the weekends off, that's when the daycare is closed, so I can have time with my son. I asked my job if they mind if I have my nephew tag along with me to work and they said okay. So, I think I might have my nephew adjust to me that way...???

Post Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:17 pm 
bbmaniac

Adjustment is such an individual thing that it's hard for me to come up with a clear-cut answer to this one. Some kids will latch onto anyone quickly and without much...if any...fuss. Others who are more shy will have a much harder time adjusting. Since I used to be a teacher, I saw both...the kid who'd come in, find his desk and wave goodbye, and the ones who would cling to their parent's leg while screaming bloody murder. Unfortunately, this is one of those issues that has to be played by ear, so to speak. You may have to try a few different routines/schedules before you find something that works for both your son and your nephew.

Sonnet 109 - Shakespeare

'I'm just your ordinary, everyday sane-psycho...supergoddess' Liz Phair

--------------------------------------

Post Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
White

RainbowBrite, how's it going? BTW, I remember that cartoon!

Post Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:54 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: