BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Holiday Tips...

finally visiting London :)

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
jezzie

finally visiting London :)

Hello Smile

I'm finally about to visit London again! First time it was a tipical tourist visit (galleries, museums, etc) but this time I want to experience something else! If anyone could give me some tips how to feel a real London life I would be really greatfull Wink
Some book shops, places to eat.. night life.. I don't know, I belive in your guidance!

thanks

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:10 am 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

smiles

I could give you a whole list of places to go, but you know what, i think maybe hooking up with some single women might also do the trick, my advice would be to sign up to facebook (www.facebook.com) and join the group Gay Girls in London, its called something like that and they are always organising events

check out: http://www.gingerbeer.co.uk/ they have all the listings, you basically want to stop for a coffee in old comptons street and watch the world go by while you scan g3 (free magazine) go to "the glass bar" - that is very friendly, grab lunch in "First Out" before shaking ur ass in the CandyBar.

now, if u want authentic "London, London" - i have to tell you now, it doesn't exist, every part is different - Soho is very gay, and the rest is a hotch-potch of all sorts. Please, don't check ur directions with a map on the street and stop suddenly! Or wear a backpack or fanny pouch, or money belt, or queue up at the bus-stop, or step in front of a bus... tee hee

As for bookshops - only Gays the Word is exclusively Gay, Silvermoon a women only book shop stop running, why? because in London anyway, we have become a bit mainstream, and lesbian and gay sections are amalgamated into Borders, Foyles (charing cross road) and waterstones (regents street, picadilly).

Oh, there is also the older lesbian network, if that is your age range, they might have a meeting while ur in town. Google it.

If there is anything else, let me know!

lol

Kx

'don't hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement'

~peace comes from knowing only love is real~

Post Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:24 pm 
Enigmatic

And don't forget if you do wear a fanny pouch call it a bum bag as fanny pouch could get you some funny looks, and expect someone to ask you for a fag or tell you they're popping out for one.

Hope you have a lovely time.

Oh I remember Silvermoon from my days at the YWCA! Didn't know it had gone. Sad

Post Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:03 pm 
jezzie

thanks for the hot tips girls Smile

as many things fail to realise in my life lately, i didn't go to London as I planned back then.

but in August I'm taking my girlfriend to London as a present for her college graduation! To be sure not to fail again, I bought plane tickets and rented the apartment!
But we don't go alone, just two of us. Our best friends are joining us on this trip, her best friend from highschool and her husband, the most loving people i know in a whole world! Actually this trip is a gift to her from all of us, not just me. Kinda "double date" trip Smile

I'm so happy about this.. and she is too, and her happiness means a world to me!

Smile

p.s. my girl likes to dance, so please recomend me some place with techno/ trance music.. where we can dance all night... if possible not girls only that our friends can come too (hope i don't ask too much) Smile))

Post Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:53 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: