BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

What are your thoughts - ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
awnidea

Consider this too please (an addition to my post on page 2)

As to the reference of "racial" or ANY kind of " Profiling " ...

I am of the belief that, every one's OWN PROFILE ought to be "filled" by themselves !!!

Having said that, I am greatly appreciative that my "profile" here at Mel's, is "supplied" by NONE OTHER than myself ... !!!

Thank you once again for your attentive consideration.

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:43 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Originally posted by luvinmomofone1:
ok i think this debate is very well spoken and i am out of my league trying to give my opinion..but i personally dont understand all the legalities of the illegal alien thing..i am a natural born usa citizen. but i dont believe that just because you as an illegal come to the usa to have a baby should make that baby a usa citizen and 2 i dont believe that unless they go thru the correct channels to become a us citizen that anykinds of benefits like welfare or ssi or even a drivers license should be given to them! i dont know if its true or not but i was told that bush and the senate were trying to vote on letting illegals collect welfare and disablity benefits..if that is true then that is wrong..we as a nation work and pay into those programs for unfortunate ppl like me...who is on ssi for a disablitiy...not for someone who is not leagally allowed to be here to begin with ..why should they be allowed to collect benefits they did not earn or pay into?? i understand that there are real ppl that have real needs to get away from the country they are in..but they need to go about it legally!! just like a us citizen would have to apply for citizenship in another country! and yes. i dont believe that they should put a criminal illegal in prison here..he should be deported and his crime must be given in the country he is from!! it is like that young man years ago from the usa who stole in thialand and got his feet caned..that was their law..why should he be above the law..and why should UN members be above the law in the usa? or AMBASSADORS from other countrys who break our laws?? the illegal that commits the violent crime should have a choice..death or go back to his country and let them deal with him.! but no i dont believe that like that woman who is a lesbian and will be stoned to death if deported back to her country deserves to be deported she deserves amnesty especially since the government knows thats is what she faces if deported!! she did no crime to deserve to die by stoning..just like refugee criminals and killers that run to canada..canada will not release them to the usa if they think they will get the death penalty!! i personally dont think that should matter ..the crime happened in the usa..the usa should be the one to met out the punishment weather the other country agrees or not! they wouldnt want a serial killer from their country to come here and not let us send him back for his punishment!!.. thats all i have to say..sorry if i dont know as much as you all do on this subject and sorry if what i hear is not true..i just hear what i hear and feel what i feel..thanks

luvin,

Thank you for the reply…you tell it like you think it…wonderful

You are not wrong…illegal immigrants do have some legal access to benefits. They have access to free healthcare.

There was also a proposal to allow illegal immigrants to have access to other social services programs that would put them on par with legal residents and citizens of the United States. Thank goodness that never went past the talking stage.

Would you be shocked if I told you that many illegal immigrants commit fraud by applying for and receiving social security benefits in the form of social security checks, supplemental income checks, food stamps and the entire range of governmental social services programs are all defrauded by illegal immigrants just as they are by American citizens but the defrauding by illegal immigrants could be greatly reduced by slamming the door shut to illegal immigrants.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

Re: Consider this

quote:
Originally posted by awnidea:
The question I feel is missed completely in the "debate" of "LEGAL/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" (for quite apparent reasons), is the following :-

- "What constitutes 'legal' (or 'illegal', as a matter of fact) immigration ?"

To travel TO or FROM a country (political state), one is required to have a ... " PASS-PORT " ... !!!

What I am here to be reminding my fellow conversationalists is that,

it is NOT an "accessory" readily or even plainly, AVAILABLE to ALL the people on our precious Earth

Will not even contemplate on the "financial/economics" side of it all ...

Also, to add the following thought ...

If the intention exists to "invade a home", this may be done in ANY way or form, possible !!!

Thank you for your attentive consideration.

my truth

Smile
awnidea

awnidea,

Thank you for joining the discussion Smile

What is the immigration polices of your country...is there a problem with illegal immigration in your country?

The question as to what constitutes legal or illegal immigration was basically answered earlier in the discuccion by saying…
“Illegal immigration, what exactly is it?

Illegal immigration is a term used to describe how people move from one country to another without going through the proper legal process of becoming a citizen of the country they have moved to.”

Traveling from one country to another using a passport does not constitute immigration to another country. Using a passport to get into another country can be a means of illegal immigration if you stay and never go back.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
awnidea

quote:
Traveling from one country to another using a passport does not constitute immigration to another country. Using a passport to get into another country can be a means of illegal immigration if you stay and never go back.

Would the above statement instigate that, "using a passport to get into another country", and "stay and never go back", institutes "illegal immigration" ?

Your proclaimed own, first hand experience of that aspect, is appreciative.

quote:
Hugs

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Post Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:14 pm 
Eiregirl

quote:
Would the above statement instigate that, "using a passport to get into another country", and "stay and never go back", institutes "illegal immigration" ?

awnidea,

Although I have no firsthand experience of this aspect because to have first hand experience would mean that I would have been involved in the illegal act of immigration. To answer the question…yes it does constitute illegal immigration.

The person using a passport to enter another country (the United States for example) must have a tourist visa (a B2 visa in the USA) and it is understood that the persons visit will be temporary. On the US application for a nonimmigrant visa the question of how long the person plans on staying is asked. In my mind once that time period is passed and the person is still in the country especially after the visa expires they are an illegal immigrant.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:26 am 
awnidea

LOL

quote:
Although I have no firsthand experience of this aspect

Eiregirl

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
The person using a passport to enter another country (the United States for example) must have a tourist visa (a B2 visa in the USA) and it is understood that the persons visit will be temporary. On the US application for a nonimmigrant visa the question of how long the person plans on staying is asked.

Eiregirl

It still remains:-

The question I feel is missed completely in the "debate" of "LEGAL/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" ( for quite apparent reasons ), is the following :-

- "What constitutes 'legal' (or 'illegal', in a matter of fact) immigration ?"

To travel TO or FROM a country (political state), one is required to have a ... " PASS-PORT " ... !!!

it is NOT an "accessory" readily or even plainly, AVAILABLE to ALL the people on our precious Earth

That and in addition, to quote a post of mine, in Eiregirl's thread entitled " Global warming…is it real or just a big lie?"

... and, an apparent and maybe a more logical deduction that, it is material from a "Propaganda Department" of NSA (No Such Agency) or something of the "sort", that aims to "infiltrate" and "monitor" the "subjects of communities".

quote:
Hugs

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Last edited by awnidea on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:55 am 
Eiregirl

Re: LOL

quote:

quote:

Eiregirl

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
The person using a passport to enter another country (the United States for example) must have a tourist visa (a B2 visa in the USA) and it is understood that the persons visit will be temporary. On the US application for a nonimmigrant visa the question of how long the person plans on staying is asked.

Eiregirl

The question I feel is missed completely in the "debate" of "LEGAL/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" ( for quite apparent reasons ), is the following :-

That and in addition, to quote a post of mine, in Eiregirl's thread entitled " Global warming…is it real or just a big lie?"

... and, an apparent and maybe a more logical deduction that, it is material from a "Propaganda Department" of NSA (No Such Agency) or something of the "sort", that aims to "infiltrate" and "monitor" the "subjects of communities".

quote:
Hugs

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Neutral ?

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:11 pm 
awnidea

Re: LOL

quote:
Neutral ?

Neutral ?

Question

And, a most vital consideration keeps being DIS-REGARDED :-

quote:

quote:

Eiregirl

quote:

quote:

Eiregirl

quote:
Hugs

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Last edited by awnidea on Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:18 pm 
Eiregirl

No not neutral... Neutral ? wondering what you are trying to say. I am in the process of trying to unscramble a jumbled mess of quotes...will get back to you Smile

Eiregirl

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:12 am 
Eiregirl

awn,

The question I feel is missed completely in the "debate" of "LEGAL/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" (for quite apparent reasons), is the following :-

As I said before…
Illegal immigration is a term used to describe how people move from one country to another without going through the proper legal process of becoming a citizen of the country they have moved to.

That means to move not to travel but to move from one country to another and to live there as though they were a legal citizen when they are not.

Here is a definition of illegal immigration…I checked several dictionaries and this paraphrases them all.
Illegal immigration is the migration across national borders in a way that violates the immigration laws of the destination country.

Here are three definitions of what an illegal immigrant is…all saying basically the same thing and all saying basically what has already been said in previous posts.
Illegal immigrant n. an alien (non-citizen) who has entered the another country without government permission or stayed beyond the termination date of a visa.

Illegal immigrant (noun) a foreigner who either has illegally crossed an international political border, be it by land, sea, or air, or a foreigner who has entered a country legally but then overstays his/her Visa in order to live and/or work therein.

And the google definition is…a person who enters and lives in a country in violation of that country's laws.

And, a most vital consideration keeps being DIS-REGARDED :- The question I feel is missed completely in the "debate" of "LEGAL/ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION" ( for quite apparent reasons ), is the following :-
What I am here to be reminding my fellow conversationalists is that, it is NOT an "accessory" readily or even plainly, AVAILABLE to ALL the people on our precious Earth

I am not sure what apparent reasons you mean but this consideration is not being disregarded because it plays right into becoming a citizen of another country. I think what constitutes legal/illegal immigration has been very clear throughout this thread and above you can read definitions that back up what I say the term “illegal immigration” means…thereby what constitutes illegal immigration. If that does not clear it up for you then please clear it up for me or rephrase your questions and statements because to me what you seemed to be looking for was what legal/illegal immigration is.

As far as a passport…in order to MOVE to another country and become a legal citizen of that country there is a process that must be followed and that process somewhat varies depending on the country a person is moving to. In order to MOVE to another country most if not all countries will require a passport and a visa to start with.

Yes…to travel for business or pleasure to most countries a person is required to have a passport. Some countries also require a visa as I explained in an earlier post.
And you are right a passport is not readily available to all the people of this earth…there are people who are denied passports and there are people who are denied a visa even if they have a passport.

You have stated that to travel to and from another country that a passport is required. That is true for most countries. Traveling to and from other countries using a passport, as it was said before…that does not constitute illegal immigration but there are people who have traveled to other countries using a passport to legally enter a country and never left thereby becoming an illegal immigrant. It happens people enter a country legally stating they are on business or as a tourist and then drop off the face of the earth just as some terrorists did before flying airplanes into the World Trade Center and we all know that happened. Again I do not have firsthand experience with this aspect of illegal immigration but if you want documentation that it has and does happen I will be happy to provide you with some.

The only bearing a passport has on this discussion is when a passport is used to enter a country legally then stay illegally or when passports are forged in order to enter another country.

When a person illegally immigrates to another country it does not matter whether they have a passport or not. When a person decides to enter another country illegally it does not matter whether a passport, visa or any other document is required because they are entering illegally. While most would love to have that passport, visa and any other document that is required so they could move around more freely with little worry of being caught and deported most illegal immigrants do not have those documents because they are…illegal immigrants.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:55 am 
awnidea

Re: Consider this

Here ... Smile

Allow me to "enlighten" on the c o n s i d e r a t i o n s, all these "rhetorical materials" are so intricatingly ... missing and, so attentively avoiding.

require : need; depend on for success or fulfilment // lay down as an imperative // command; instruct (a person etc.) // order; insist on (an action or measure // demand (of or a person) as a right // wish to have

available : (often followed by 'to, 'for') capable of being used; at one's disposal // obtainable; within one's reach // (of a person) free, not otherwise occupied//able to be contacted // sexually unattached

(Bibliography:- DK Illustrated Oxford Dictionary, 1998)

quote:

Will not even contemplate on the "financial/economics" side of it all ...

Also, to add the following thought ...

If the intention exists to "invade a home", this may be done in ANY way or form, possible !!!

Thank you for your attentive consideration.

my truth

Smile
awnidea

my truth

Smile
awnidea

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:34 am 
Eiregirl

Here ...

Allow me to "enlighten" on the c o n s i d e r a t i o n s, all these "rhetorical materials" are so intricatingly ... missing and, so attentively avoiding.

require : need; depend on for success or fulfilment // lay down as an imperative // command; instruct (a person etc.) // order; insist on (an action or measure // demand (of or a person) as a right // wish to have

available : (often followed by 'to, 'for') capable of being used; at one's disposal // obtainable; within one's reach // (of a person) free, not otherwise occupied//able to be contacted // sexually unattached

(Bibliography:- DK Illustrated Oxford Dictionary, 1998)

awn,

I understand that many illegal immigrants are illegal immigrants because they cannot meet the requirements to become legal immigrants and that has been talked about. I also know that many illegal immigrants want or need to enter another country “now” not weeks or months and in many cases years from now. None of that changes the facts that have been presented in this debate. We could go back and forth providing definitions to every word that has been used and the facts would still be the facts.

I do not see any “rhetorical materials” missing or being avoided…the facts are as they have been presented and NONE of the facts that I have presented have been embellished upon or added to in any way.

What a country “requires” for entry into their country to become a legal citizen or visitor is what they require no matter the definition of require is.

What is “available” for entry into another country is what is available and if what a person has available cannot meet the requirements a country has then that is just to bad…they will not enter the country legally.

It is also a fact that illegal immigration is a problem in the United States and in many other countries as well.

That is just the way it is.

Hugs,
Eiregirl Arrow

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:28 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Just some crime stats

In the population study of a sample of 55,322 illegal aliens, researchers found that they were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than 1 arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Most of the arrests occurred after 1990.

They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien. One arrest incident may include multiple offenses, a fact that explains why there are nearly one and half times more offenses than arrests. Almost all of these illegal aliens were arrested for more than 1 offense. Slightly more than half of the 55,322 illegal aliens had between 2 and 10 offenses.

About 45 percent of all offenses were drug or immigration offenses. About 15 percent were property-related offenses such as burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and property damage. About 12 percent were for violent offenses such as murder, robbery, assault, and sex-related crimes.

taken from http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/kouri/060622

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:34 pm 
Eiregirl

Re: Just some crime stats

quote:
Originally posted by Phoenix:
In the population study of a sample of 55,322 illegal aliens, researchers found that they were arrested at least a total of 459,614 times, averaging about 8 arrests per illegal alien. Nearly all had more than 1 arrest. Thirty-eight percent (about 21,000) had between 2 and 5 arrests, 32 percent (about 18,000) had between 6 and 10 arrests, and 26 percent (about 15,000) had 11 or more arrests. Most of the arrests occurred after 1990.

They were arrested for a total of about 700,000 criminal offenses, averaging about 13 offenses per illegal alien. One arrest incident may include multiple offenses, a fact that explains why there are nearly one and half times more offenses than arrests. Almost all of these illegal aliens were arrested for more than 1 offense. Slightly more than half of the 55,322 illegal aliens had between 2 and 10 offenses.

About 45 percent of all offenses were drug or immigration offenses. About 15 percent were property-related offenses such as burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and property damage. About 12 percent were for violent offenses such as murder, robbery, assault, and sex-related crimes.

taken from http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/kouri/060622

Why does that not surprise me?

Post Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:27 pm 
awnidea

Reference

Eiregirl,

"o noon, noito", "the perceiver perceives" ...

Oh! And, ...

"if I have the whole chicken and you have none ... STATISTICALLY, we have 50% (fifty percent) of chicken, each".

my truth,

Smile
awnidea

Post Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:44 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: