BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Products

Crocs shoes.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Blue Siberian

Crocs shoes.

I just don't get the appeal, yet so many of my friends wear them, both female and male friends.

In my opinion they look hideous and very unfashionable, and rubber surely makes your feet sweat. In fact when my friend Paula takes her Crocs off at my house, the smell is positively rancid, especially this summer. Many times I've felt like asking her not to wear them/remove them at my house, but of course I've bit my lip as I know she'd be offended no matter how tactfully I ask her.

My friends tell me they are very comfortable, but I can't bring myself to wear a pair of rubber gardening shoes as everyday footwear, especially as I'm a boot loving girl. Can someone please confirm I'm not in a minority with my scepticism of these shoes ?

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:28 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

I think they are hideous, but I have heard from people they are extremely comfortable, and they choose comfort over fashion. The old "ducks" were ugly too, but LL Beaners love em and wear em as status.

phoenix

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:57 pm 
Xalia1
Moderators

Blue,

I was excited to see this thread...lol I'm easily amused. Wink
I wear the croc shoes. And I can't seem to stop...
They are amazingly comfortable, and I agree, they are hideously ugly. My chick says they make my feet look like a sasquatch (big foot) and although I agree with her, I won't give em up. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I'm into my appearance, I appreciate looking nice and dressing up, and I won't wear them if we're going somewhere nice, but just everyday places? Yep, they're on my feet.
As for smelling and sweating? My feet do sweat a little in them, but they don't stink. If you wear socks, your feet dont get dirty, and they don't sweat at all. Try em, just in the comfort of your own home, you just may like em!
Great topic, thanks.

Hugs,
Xalia

Post Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

LOL! I just can't see myself wearing them. I've never been a sandal sort of person so they don't appeal to me on that level. The rubber part of it doesn't appeal to me because I don't like my feet sweaty. I always wear socks with my footwear.

For me it's trainers, western boots or work boots. I like my comfort and fashion.

Thank you for a good laugh.

ps if your friends feet stink I think you should say something to her. I know if I had smelly feet, I would appreciate someone saying something to me .

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:46 am 
1seed

I love my Crocs!

I stand at a market for 6-8 hours and they keep my feet from hurting. I've never had a problem with my feet sweating in them. You can also wear them working in the garden get them dirty and hose them off.

Recently I saw some made as sandals with the front out and the piece between the toe. They are a lot nicer looking then the regular Crocs.

Good thread!

seed

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:03 am 
SoulStory

I love my Crocs too!!! I swore I would never buy any, but I gave in this summer and mannnnn they are some comfy shoes! My feet sweat a little bit, but they don't stink... I think maybe that's a problem with your friend or it could be that she just needs to clean the shoes. I believe they even make some stuff called Croc butter (or something like that) that's specifically made to clean them! Seems like gentle soap and some water would do the trick, though.

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
dazdcow

Re: Crocs shoes.

(((((((((blue))))))))))

You haven't experience comfort until you put a pair of these shoes on! They are very light, conforming, and not the least bit hot. The holes in them provide for excellent ventilation! I love my crocs, and I don't think they look stupid at all! I love coordinating my outfits to the funky colors that crocs come in. I have 5 pairs! Wink Very Happy

As for your friend with foot funk, may I suggest you say something to her? If you notice it, surely others do, and others are likely as equally offended by the smell. You are only doing her a favor, hun!

Exclamation

Much Love,

Tiff

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:10 pm 
Blue Siberian

Thank you for all the wonderful, diverse responses.

I'm going to stick to my boot collection though. Laughing I do have a bit of a boot fetish lol.

I was discussing this subject with a (gay) male friend today at lunch today. He laughed when I told him I'd asked for all your opinions.

He said 'I love crocs, not just because they are comfortable, but because I can always tell a gay man from a straight man, since straight men don't ever wear them'. It kinda shocked me at first but then I just fell about in giggles. I have this mental picture in my head of Johnathon just walking round looking at men's shoes in bars. Hee hee.

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:13 pm 
dazdcow

quote:
Originally posted by Blue Siberian:
Thank you for all the wonderful, diverse responses.

I'm going to stick to my boot collection though. Laughing I do have a bit of a boot fetish lol.

I was discussing this subject with a (gay) male friend today at lunch today. He laughed when I told him I'd asked for all your opinions.

He said 'I love crocs, not just because they are comfortable, but because I can always tell a gay man from a straight man, since straight men don't ever wear them'. It kinda shocked me at first but then I just fell about in giggles. I have this mental picture in my head of Johnathon just walking round looking at men's shoes in bars. Hee hee.

Wow, I never thought of it like that before, hun. Laughing

I'm pretty certain that just because you enjoy comfortable rubber footware, that you are not gay, but I could most certainly be mistaken. That is unless my brother and father are gay! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I suggest you try a pair, blue. Maybe you'll give up your boots and discover a new "fetish".

Post Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:06 pm 
BdeCaunteton

Even with me being a person who hates shoes and needs ones that will only slip on and off... ew, I soooo wouldn't wear those! and the colors??? eugh

www[dot]bdecauntetonspoetry[dot]webs[dot]com

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:27 am 
dazdcow

quote:
Originally posted by BdeCaunteton:
Even with me being a person who hates shoes and needs ones that will only slip on and off... ew, I soooo wouldn't wear those! and the colors??? eugh

((((((((((BDE)))))))))))

I agree they are funky looking, but you should try a pair! Once you do, you'll never go back! Exclamation

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:30 am 
coconut

Ugly colors?
Who says?

They have cami ones and purple swirly and pirates and all sorts of groovy colors and styles

And you can get cool gem things to attach.

I personally don't own any but my gf does and she swears by them and I think she looks just fine in them
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:09 pm 
Angel1
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by 1seed:
I love my Crocs!

Recently I saw some made as sandals with the front out and the piece between the toe. They are a lot nicer looking then the regular Crocs.

Good thread!

seed

I have just bought a pair of crocs like the ones you have mentioned to wear when i go abroad for my holidays this year, they are lime green and pink,i had to buy a smaller size (4) whereas i am usually a size 5 shoe, these are sooo comfortable.
I'm not too keen on the other "Crocs" shoes though, they look huge, i take a size 5 shoe normally and even size (3) is large for me Rolling Eyes

with love
Angel x x Exclamation

Post Mon May 19, 2008 12:05 pm 
Jem

I have to say I am on the side that loves crocs. However I am no longer allowed to wear them as per the physical therapists orders. I was also a skeptic at first thinking there is no way I would wear something so ugly on my feet. However, when my younger sister gave me a pair for Christmas I changed my mind and thought they were wonderful. I can understand the skeptism, as for your friend, maybe she has a foot odor problem, as I've never had an unbearable smell while wearing crocs. I know people who do though, and mainly they say it is because they have bad foot odor to begin with. Anyways just thought I would add my two cents.

Jem

Post Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:07 pm 
JBean

quote:

Unless my GFs father and brother are secretly gay then I know 2 straight men that wear crocs .

I love my crocs Smile .I swore I would never wear them but my GF brought me some and in the summer I just about wear them everywhere .

** BIG TIP** don't drop 2 litre bottles of soda on your toes when your wearing crocs . It hurts like flipping heck lolol

Post Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:49 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: