BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

The teacher from hell (real life exerpence)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Ellen_Degeneresisawsome

The teacher from hell (real life exerpence)

so this is my essay that I wrote for english class from a real exerpeince I hope everyone enjoys it and all the character names are edited sorry about all the typo's as well enjoy
The teacher from hell

I am 4’10”, I have blonde hair, brown eyes one is darker than the other, and I am adopted. My birth mother couldn’t not take care of me, because she drank when she was pregnant with me. I was born four to six weeks early, weighing only five pounds. I was diagnosed with Fetal alcohol Syndrome; one definition of this disability is that the mother drank alcohol in large amounts during pregnancy. Some of the symptoms are mental retardation and facial features. Early on in my education I did have problems with speaking, and speech thearpiests had to teach me to speak. I could not speak until I was for I had partly paralyzed vocal cords; and it took awhile before I could talk like a normal child. Doctors did say that I probably wouldn't be able to talk even with all the speech help but now I can talk,and sing. I do only have a couple of these symptoms of Fetal alcohol syndrome it does take me longer to learn some things than others, and I have learned that I need to work around this problem like if i need to learn a definition or any other thing I use flash cards; and I keep on working on that same problem until I have it memorized. I have noticed if I dont use this strategy I can't memorize things.

Over my years in school some teachers have low expectations because I have a learning disability. After they get to know they do not treat me like a handicap person, they realize I can do everything that anyone else can I just learn a bit slower then most people. However when I was in 8th grade, this one teacher just saw me as someone who was in the way, would take to much of her time to work with me. I do not know what I did to make her feel this way about me. She never gave me a chance in her class; she always gave me Fs on my assignments even though they were good as any other student in the classroom. No matter how nice I was to her or how much I tried to please her, she always seemed to get angrier at me when I tried to get along with her.

Everyday in this hell it was like walking on egg shells not going anywhere not being able to do anything. Even begging for help would not work, she did not care she was by far worse than the devil. she was another hitler waiting to attack innocent people who had problems learning, she did not want them to succeed just wanted them put away and ignored because they had no chance at a future because they were not exactly like her. This is how I felt everyday I went to her class even though my best friend was in it I felt like I was being treated like it was for others in Germany during World War 2. I did everything that I could think of to suck up to her but no matter how hard I tried to succeed she was even more nagitive towards me than ever.

I always sat in the front row in Mrs. M class, I figured that she would try to help me more if I sat in the front but she never did. My best friend Anya who was very shy always sat next to me. Aalways was the one who tried to help me with my assignments because the she wouldn't. We always did writing exerises at the beginning of every class. I was doing my assignment; quietly minding my own business when out of no where I heard this loud shriek and I noticed this big oompaloompa standing in front of me “shut up! I looked up at her with a confused look on my face because I did not say anything, and before I could say something my friend yelled at her, “no you shut up!” She did not say another word. I was so surprised that she said that because my friend is usually very quiet. Anya went back to work without Mrs. Marui respond to her talk; but of course she couldn’t just let it go, and I knew their was going to be more, Mrs. Mwas turning bright red because she turned this

I tried to ignore her, and focus on my assignment but she told my friend to go see the vice principal because she was being disrespectful to her. My friend packed up her things, not even looking at the teacher or me, and she just went out of the room quietly. I didn’t notice that the whole class was staring at me until Mrs. M said something else to me. I didn’t say a word to her I just stared her, and wondered what did I ever do to make her feel this way towards me I was just as good as anyone else in this class. She stood really close to me, I was nervous about what she was going to say next I swear the whole room went dead, and I could feel everyone’s eyes staring at me; you could even hear a pen drop on the floor.

She looked at me, said in a loud enough voice for everyone to hear her “ I forgot to tell you. You don’t have to worry about coming to my class anymore because I don’t not want to deal with you, you are failing anyways, and you will never be able to pass at this rate.” I tried so hard not to cry because I know that was what she wanted but I couldn’t hold them back any longer. Tears came streaming down my face. I gathered up my stuff because I just wanted to leave and I wanted her tell her to shut up but she went on. Oh don’t cry there is no need to because I don’t have to deal with you in my class.” Shortly after Mrs. M humiliated me in front of the whole class, the class was over, and my friend came back in. she asked me what was wrong because I was still crying. I packed up all of my stuff and we went out of the class to our next class. Mrs. Mtold me I couldn’t go to her class anymore because she didn’t want to deal with me, and I wasn’t going to pass her class anyways so she wants someone else to somehow teach me English. A did not say anything she just looked at me with a surprised look on her face.

My next class was study hall, and Ms. S said with my special education teacher, said I would have an extra class with her, so she can help me with my English class. I told the teacher well Mrs. M already told me I couldn’t go back to her class.” My teacher looked surprised that she told me. Was she supposed to tell me like that in front of the whole class? She said no” “she did not look happy at all what exactly did she say to you?” that she didn’t have to deal with me anymore, and I wasn’t going to pass her class anyways so I have to be in your class to get help with English. “She had no right to tell you that either I was supposed to tell you or your mother was.” “At the time I was glad that I did not in that class anymore because she was always failing me when I had good enough assignments, and she always got mad at me for no reason.” “Well I’ll help you with your English class.” After Ms. S was done talking to me I went back to my work thinking that someone well actually help me with my English class the teacher did try to give me projects that everyone else was doing in the 8th grade. But most of the time she didn’t give me all the projects and things I needed to do for that level of English

From that experince, and others that I have but none were as bad as that no matter where I go people well discrimnate disabled people no matter how smart they are, and what they can do. I have to becareful of who I tell about my learning disablity becaue I might not be able to get some jobs. I have learned from many experinces not to let people walk over me I know I just as smart as every else, and I can do anything I want to. However I am glad I have had all these experinces because it made me want to prove to them. I've had a few people I could never work well I've already had two and I have a diffcult job a cashier. I am in college a lot of people said I couldn't even do that or be a teacher. I do want to be a speical education teacher to be a better one than all of mine were. I already have a bit of experince working with all different levels on speical needs students, and I taught a non verbal student how to communicate. I have done all these things, and people still say I cant do it well they'll be surprised when I am a teacher.
Through weakness and strength,
happiness and sorrow, for better,
for worse, I will love you with every beat of my heart
shania twain

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Lil Einjeru

Nya... i'ma strangle her for you! if only i could. >_> pity you Ellen. ._.

Lil Einjeru

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ellen_Degeneresisawsome

oh please don't feel sorry fo rme thats the last thing I want people to do but thank u for the comment
shania twain

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Mdm Prez

E

You must be so proud of all you've accomplished in spite of the awful teachers you've had.
I just know you'll make a wonderful teacher. How lucky kids will be to have you work with them.
You're well on your way E. Congratulations!

Cat

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:05 pm 
Ellen_Degeneresisawsome

thank you mdm I've heard rumors I am a good teacher when i do teach LOL
but I am glad those things happened to me
shania twain

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:40 pm 
aussiechick

Hey

It brought alot of stuff back reading that I had a speech impediment as a young kid I was teased alot by kids which i guess is to be expected but all adults where very respectfull until I got this male teacher when I was 10 and he found my stutter endlessly funny he would mimic me in front of other kids and when we had to read aloud he would take great delight in picking me when other teachers asked me to do that one on one so it would be easier It shocked me quite a lot to be treated that way by a teacher and ruined any confidence I had.

But luckly I am now able to speak normally unless I am extremly nervous or really angry so he got to mock me for a year but now I go to school hold down two jobs one that I adore as a vet nurse and he gets to be a misrable jerk for the rest for his life. Mdm is right you should be proud of yourself and you can spare some kids with problems the pain of a crappy teacher.

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:13 am 
sensual

end

Last edited by sensual on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:20 pm 
lilbug

brought me back to my school days...it wasnt the teachers that were nasty though..it was the other crowd of bitches in my class. i was a massive loner in school...never said boo to anyone...infact the teachers were my only friends there.

if it was the teachers im sure i would have broken. they are the ones that are supposed to support you and protect you in school...not trample all over you.

elle...you get what you need...you dont have to prove yourself to anyone...we all know how bad ass you are.

good right hun

snooze

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:12 pm 
melons
Site Admin

((((((((((elle))))))))))

You know what I found so wonderful when I read this.......

I find it wonderful that, despite everything that has happened to you, you know how good you are Ellen *smiling... that your strength, self esteem and self worth are positively shining in what you have relayed to us here.

I firmly believe that if the teachers, or anyone else, cannot see your worth then it truly is their loss.

It's also incredibly inspiring to read that you overcame each obstacle with great fortitude and proved how wrong the 'disbelievers' in your capabilities actually were.

You should be extremely proud of everything you've accomplished . You rock and you'll make a fabulous teacher Smile

Hugs and deepest respect

Mel x

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:13 am 
Ellen_Degeneresisawsome

ty mel lil and sens for your comments of course than i didnt really see it as a postitive thing until later. about 10th is when i didnt let people push me around
shania twain

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:34 pm 
joni

Exclamation (((((((((((((((((((Elle))))))))))))))))))) Exclamation

Im very proud of all your acomplishments. You write this story at a pivital point in my life as I have been disabled for 9 years. I recently decided to try a trade school and get back to work. Your story really lifted me up and Im so gratefull to you for sharing this real life story. Ive also been victim to people treating me differently because of my disability. You are so brave to have overcome a mean spirited teachers' out of line words

Very inspirational...

ty hunee, and keep up the great work!

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

joni

Post Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:19 pm 
Ellen_Degeneresisawsome

thank you joni ((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))
shania twain

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:29 am 
Kewl

re

elle,

((((((( embraces)))))))))).

I just wanted to say....

you are a beautiful young lady coming into her own! you have a precious spirit which surrounds many of us here in Mel's . Our friendship is new, but this chance meeting is one measured in heart.

I commend your achievements. There will be many hurdles you face .

sweet young heart.... they say disability? No. handicapped? No . Too often mainstream society falls into conglomerate characterization.
I see you as having ABILITY.. I see you as being EQUIPPED. Moreso, I see the woman in you following her path to readily teach/ assist others .

this world needs you..

~Kewl

Post Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ellen_Degeneresisawsome

sorry it took so long to reply to your reply LOL thank you (((((((((((((((Arg))))))))))))))))
shania twain

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:39 pm 
Generalpicture

Love and happiness all the days of your life, elle!

This one loves you! Smile

Post Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:39 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: