BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Help Tips and Forum Issues....

a suggestion for Melswebs day...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
badgal4unow

a suggestion for Melswebs day...

Hello ladies...I've been a member of Mel's for about a year now..I have a suggestion I'd like to make...How about a ''Meet at Melswebs day''...When I log on I scroll to the bottom of the page and I see, ''most users ever online was 134 on Tue sep 27,2005 at 12:40am"...........I propose that we all work to change that number.....I'm sure the members of this site are huge..In my time here I have met some intelligent and compassionate women...How about on Saturday, June 16, 2007 between 3:oopm and 11:oopm ..each of us log on and make a post...I do realize that there are members here from all over the world...Im on central standard time... log on, post a poem, post a story or post something on the general forum..meet in chat...just contribute something to change that 134 to a much larger number..yes I do realize some of you reading this are wondering why is it such a big deal..and who cares? Why the heck is this woman even making such a suggestion....to be honest the only answer I can give to you is..showing pride and your suppport to this wonderful site..a site that is a warm and wonderful support to alot of women..I've heard some women claim that this site feels like family to her...if you love this site, let's all do what we can to change that 134 to a much higher number... what do you say ladies? could we all meet online on Saturday, June 16, 2007 betweem 3:00pm and 11:00pm... ... 3:oopm is central standard time for me....each of you are smart enough to calculate the time change... I'd get a headache trying to convert the time zones.. Laughing lets meet in chat, post a poem, post a story, or post something in the general fourm..let's see how high the numbers will climb..again I know this may sound crazy to some of you..you may be laughing your ass off right now at this suggestion...for those of you who get it..why not? what have you got to lose? this is something to do for fun as well as support the site that so many of us have grown to love...what do you say ladies????? is it a date? Wink I'd like to thank forthelove for suggesting spacing the time out in order to prevent a crash...so again ladies what do you think? In the above mentioned time frame, let's all log on and post something! show our support for this wonderdul sight!! ..we can do this ladies!! looking forward to seeing what each of you lovely ladies come up with....(naughty)UPDATE:eiregirl made an excellent point...if we all try to be in chat some will be logged out automatically, and the numbers wont be counted...the time has changed to allow for the change in time zones and for those who may have to work..hope this will help...if you cant get in chat how about posting a poem, a story or something in the general boards? as long as you are logged in i believe you will get counted..correct me if im wrong eire..ok? this may get edited again.....stay tuned ladies and again thanks for reading this...hugs!

Last edited by badgal4unow on Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 pm 
Allison

Great idea Badgal. I love it. To my baby Ghost, that is 2 am your time Wink
Come on ladies let's do this.

Alli

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Eiregirl

cool Smile

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~Wil~

I think I can be available then. After all, someone has to be around to give Alli a hard time. Wink

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:03 am 
shanelvr

looking forward to it!

Shanelvr Exclamation

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Footprint

*scratching my Central European head*

hmmmmmmmmmmm... I am encountering a time zone problem here! 3am my time....hmmmmm...... I am a nightowl, but not quite THAT bad of a nightowl. It is a great idea, though..... I guess I will see how my sleeping pattern will be Saturday night! If I am not there, HAVE FUN LADIES!!!

Cheers, Footsie

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:12 am 
wishonastar

SOunds good to mee!!! i will be here!!!
But I’m missing way too much
So when do I give up, what I’ve been wishing for.

Down - Jason Woods

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:30 pm 
1seed

hmmm!

Great idea!!But who is at home on a Saturday evening?I'll try to be here.

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:12 pm 
Raven

Chuckles and smiles - I dont see why you thought people wouldn't get this or think your strange hun. Heck I sent out offical invites through PM here once for my birthday party (it was an all day party to allow for time zone issues.) So yeah you're not odd . . .anymore than the rest of us and it sounds like a fabulaous idea.

My only comment is that I think that number of 134 on Sep 27,2005 at 12:40am was actually a board glitch. If I remember correctly we had a lot of issues with the number changing radically all over the place up and down. Now I could be way off base but personally I think if you break 50 (AT ONCE) then you've done something great. It's probably a little lower than that but that seems like a good realistic goal.

Oh and I'm in.
Way to go chica.
Rave

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:24 am 
Flogo

Great idea! I will mark my calendar!

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:58 am 
Cavewoman

as I remember, chat was PACKED that night..... but it was fun....

will try to make it

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:23 am 
hybridshadow

DAMMIT! Am I central time? I have no idea! But booooooo! I'll be working from 4:30 pm till 1 am... so if I'm central time (I really should know my own time zone, shouldn't I? Well yeah... I definitely don't... although I suppose I could go google it...) then I won't be able to make it, which sucks, because it would be fun! But great idea! Very Happy

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:54 pm 
hybridshadow

Oooooooo so apparently I'm eastern time... now what time would that be for me, then?

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:05 pm 
badgal4unow

that would be 9:00-11:00 pm for you on eastern time....hope you can make it! Wink ( naughty)

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:56 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Cool. I'll try to be there.
*scribbles on her calendar* There. I won't forget.

~Eilidh

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:45 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: