BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Cooking Techniques and Recipes

Italian food recipes

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
in_love_wid_women

Italian food recipes

Does anyone know how to make italian food especially pastas, they are my favorite!!!! i tried basil pesto pasta yummy!!!!!at an italian restaurant it's the best...if anyone in here knows how to make it please let me know. it would be nice of you

Post Tue May 15, 2007 8:37 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

Pesto is very easy to make from scratch.

2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive oil
5 tablespoons pine nuts
5 garlic cloves, finely minced

It's easiest to make this in a food processor, get on of those bullets they sell on ebay.. i love mine.

chop up the basil finely in sections.. say about a 3/4's of a cup or so. add in a portion of nuts and garlic with it. Add a bit of the oil, scrap down the sides, add some more.. then put in a container and refrigerate.

You can adjust the garlic and pine nuts to taste. I like more so I have the higher amount than most recipes.

When ready, just prepare you pasta and after it's drained take a couple tables spoons of the pesto, pour onto it and mix well. Enjoy!

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:23 am 
fortheloveofagood...
Site Admin

Great recipe Pho, there are so many great italian dishes!

I find experimenting and using fresh ingredients are the trick. So fresh pasta, herbs, grate your own parmesan, tomatoes on the vine, make ur own white sauce... You can always mix n match ur cheeses, so i use Greek cheeses as much as i use mozzarella n paramsan. I rarely use parma ham, but apparently it's good.

So take a couple of fresh sheets of lasagne, layer up with veg or mince or vege mince n white sauce, sometimes i had extra aubergine on top, then any cheese you want, even chedder, oh yeah us Brits are philistines, and then srpinkle parmasan, to get the cheesy crunch.

Spinach n Ricotta cananelloni. Whiz ur ricotta n spinach in the blender (as Pho suggested) then stuff the canneloni lay in long dish, that is either oiled up, or use white or cheese sauce, coupla sliced tomatoes on top, roast in the oven.

Garlic break is easy, get a cabiatta, or other uncut loaf, whiz garlic n butter in the blender, cut slices, spead the garlic butter, and put in the oven til brown.

Starters: prawns or feta, or mozarella with sliced acocado n tomatoes, drizzle with a bit of oilive oil.

But don't ask me about measurements i go by eye and taste or desserts! I only know about marscapone cheese, lol

Oh i am hungry now!

Kx

'don't hate your enemies, it clouds your judgement'

~peace comes from knowing only love is real~

Post Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:41 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: