BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Help Tips and Forum Issues....

Maintenance of Melswebs

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
realwoman

Maintenance of Melswebs

Dear Ladies of Melswebs

Our site is becoming more popular and growing on a daily basis, and has way more traffic than ever originally expected. This has lead to some accessibility issues arising over the last couple of weeks and unless it is addressed, the accessibility problems will continue to escalate and performance issues will also ensue.

The accessibility issues recently experienced when trying to login and post to the boards are, in part, due to the fact we share a server with other sites and each site is growing in size. Therefore, our service providers have offered a different, newer, faster server as an option for us with a new database. However, this means that the current database will have to be migrated, and many files will have to be manually edited to ensure that they are read from the correct database and server.

This may imply that the boards will have to be disabled while the migration is completed, although Mel hopes to avoid this. Should it however be necessary to disable the boards, Mel will post a comment in the General boards under General Chit Chat telling you when you should NOT make any new posts.... If you do post anything during that time frame then it will be lost, because it will not be in the copy of the database that she is trying to migrate. You will still be able to read previous posts though. Once the migration is completed, Mel will make a post on the same thread giving u the all clear to post again. (with me so far? if not – here is the short of the long: continue to post freely and happily UNTIL u see a post by Mel telling u not to post, and start posting again if u see a post by Mel that gives the All Clear. Should u post in the time that the migration is being done, your post will be lost)

A separate issue has occurred with the Gallery, caused by both the server connection issues and instability problems, which eventually lead to the entire gallery crashing… Mel has been able to reinstate the gallery in the background and recovered all the comments but the pictures themselves still have to be reinstated. She remains confident that she can reinstate the majority of the gallery and we will have to remain patient as it is not an easy issue to resolve.
So, yes, please don’t post new photos for the time being, the gallery is down and Mel has already spent over 30 hours trying to get it back up and, like me, has a stinking cold!

As if that isn't enough, chat is not as stable as it should be, and needs some renovations (I think the bar is breaking from all the pole-dancing, but I promise, it wasn’t me…) If you have problems signing into chat or being kicked from chat, don’t worry, it is not your fault, and we are working on fixing that lil irritation as fast as we can…

Last, but not least, in the last couple of days the Horoscope board seems to have been hacked, and requires fixing, however, this will be tackled only after the migration to the new server is completed and the gallery is fixed and chat is renovated...

Thanking everyone for their patience and understanding

~real

light is to darkness as love is to fear...

Last edited by realwoman on Fri May 18, 2007 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu May 10, 2007 7:46 pm 
lemons

Wow!!! As usual, more issues than I knew going on!! Believe me, I'll be as patient as needed to wait for all the changes!!

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to allllll of you ladies that are involved with keeping this site running smoothly and with the future changes coming!

*Big Hugs*

Lem

Post Thu May 10, 2007 7:54 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: