BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Poetry Writers and Styles

Poems, Songs & writings that have Influenced Me

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
A Minor

Poems, Songs & writings that have Influenced Me

Alrighty then..
Being as this space is supposed to be used for discussoins and not Poems.. Here we go!

One of my favorite song writes and poets has been..
Johnette Napolitano of Concrete Blonde.
I find that her lyrics to her songs reach the parts of me that I often have felt are words in my mind waiting to be expressed. I don't know if there are other people that feel this way when they hear a certain song or why they enjoy a particular artist or not. I certainly do with this particular individual.

Johnette has a web site of her own name as well as one of Concrete Blonde that has links to her song lyrics as well as having her published poetry books, drawings and general writings that you can view at www.concreteblondeofficialwebsite.com/POETRY/poetryNEW.html
Here is a sample of one of my favorite poems by her titled "The Dark"

I know the dark.
I have groped, stumbled through, crawled toward, licked, embraced, and sucked the darkness. I have had my arms pinned behind my back, my gut crushed, my lips stretched and distorted beyond regognition or understanding by the darkness. I have twisted the darkness so hard, so tightly, owned it and named it and beat the shit out of it until it was nothing but a weak watery shadow the color of an old piss stain.

And I'll tell you this about the dark: it is nothing compared to the power of the light.

Her self titled web site is www.johnettenapolitano.com/
where you can check out more samples of her writings,poetry and song lyrics.
She also has published art books.

So I hope this may peak some of your intrests, that you may check out her writings and her music if you are not familar with it. I highly recaomend their self titled CD Concrete Blonde , Group Therapy, Bloodletting, Mexican Moon & Walking in London. Those are my All time favorite CD's of hers though I enjoy them all.

To really get better samples of the songs listed on the CD's i mentioned you can go to amazon.com & type in Concrete Blonde then select song saples off those listed CD's. Her web sites are very well developed especialy for reading her poems / writings & new song sampples but unfortunately both sites do not feature samples of Concrete Blondes AWSOME past CD songs. I HIGHLY recommend sampling some of the songs on Amazon.

I hope you enjoy some of my on of tow of my Largest influences as much as I have.

~A Minor~

Post Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:40 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: