BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Works of Art

John Lennon...Murdered Decmber 8, 1980.

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
chame70

John Lennon...Murdered Decmber 8, 1980.

One of the biggest influences in my life were The Beatles. To me John was most "Beatle" of the Beatles, he was the REBEL whom I admired from 1963 when I firts became aware of The Beatles.
As a musician, I consider (only my humble opinion) John as the deep thinker, "heavy" lyricist, Paul with all due respect and admiration, was the more melodical, musically educated Beatle, his songs were mushier, more "diddies".
I've lived a rebellious life since I can remember and John was very influential in my formative teenage years.
RIP.
These are afew of his quotes:

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?

I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong.

I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people.

If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that... I believe in what I do, and I'll say it.

If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there'd be peace.

If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal.

It doesn't matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is or whether I'm a woman or a man.

Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.

My role in society, or any artist's or poet's role, is to try and express what we all feel. Not to tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of us all.

Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it.

Part of me suspects that I'm a loser, and the other part of me thinks I'm God Almighty.

there are many more.
Thank You John!
chame

Post Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: