BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Mels Campout and Meet-Ups!

European Campout...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
frozenillusion

European Campout...

As per conversation in chatroom this morning, I'm starting this topic. Very Happy

Well, I am up for organising a European meeting for those who would be interested. So, what I would want to look into is how many people would be interested in coming and also some ideas for places people would like to go.

Ideas have been Scotland, Wales or Ireland so far; but if someone would prefer mainland Europe or Scandinvia or something, just say so. Feel free to post actual ideas for lodgings too, and anything else that would be important for you wirth regards to this.

One of my ideas is to rent like a little farm yard kind of place in Ireland somewhere, I have done that with people before and if it's during the summer it can be quite nice!

Anyhow, I'll look into it, and those who're interested in it, please post ideas/suggestions etc.

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tracey

Scotland!!!
i love camping by a loch
the scenery is unbelievable

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:12 pm 
frozenillusion

Ohhh, sounds good Tracey! Always wanted to go to Scotland myself! Very Happy Any suggestions for a good place...?

Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Amelie

I would love to go to Scotland, t'would be great!

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:46 am 
Tracey

quote:
Originally posted by frozenillusion:
Ohhh, sounds good Tracey! Always wanted to go to Scotland myself! Very Happy Any suggestions for a good place...?

i will have a look around at the tourist info centre and get in touch with the Glasgow LGB! they might know some friendly sites!

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:51 pm 
frozenillusion

quote:
Originally posted by Tracey:
i will have a look around at the tourist info centre and get in touch with the Glasgow LGB! they might know some friendly sites!

And I didn't even think that far... lol! I'll have a snoop around for someplace in Ireland too and if anyone wants to look in some other European country feel free to, we could get a few places together and take a vote too. Very Happy

Just wondering when is the earliest people can go? I think for me it's May/June next year or so... only just started a new job besides we need time to plan it and things I'd say.

Btw, if anyone would like I could have a look for places in Sweden too, it being my native country and all...

Post Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:27 pm 
Cavewoman

In conversation a couple months ago, Eire suggested, Temple Noe House in County Cork.............by all appearances, it seems quite nice and is lesbian owned..... just a thought!

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:02 pm 
frozenillusion

Ohhh, that sounds good Cave, I'll have a look into that, thanks! Smile Been a while since I was down the Cork end of the country... Smile

Post Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:53 pm 
frozenillusion

Checked out TempleNoe house and it seems a bit small but depends on how many people come.

But found a beautiful gay friendly hotel by the lochs in Donegal that I'd like to toss in as an option. Check out at:

http://www.harveyspoint.com/gay/index.htm

Looks very pretty I think...

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:48 pm 
frozenillusion

And I KNOW I'm double posting but also found this for Scotland...

http://www.ballachulishhotel.com

Post Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:58 pm 
Mairi bheag

Ballachulish is in an incredibly beautifully part of the country - but a bit of a guddle to get to as regards coming from Edinburgh or Glasgow airports, or by train.

The major disadvantages about the locations so far are...

1. In the Highlands of Scotland you get two weeks of good weather per year, and they are always the two weeks before you get there.

2. The midges eat you alive and then come back for your clothes.

3. Ireland is as beautiful as Scotland, but with extra rain, and...

4. The Irish are so laid-back it is a wonder any of them are left standing - they make the Egyptians seem frenetic.

I am looking forward to seeing how this developes.

Mb
xx

Post Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:44 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Yay! UK gathering!!!!!!! Fricken shiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be relocating to Scotland in the near future so I'll be in for the gathering!!!!!!

Darkchylde

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:44 pm 
frozenillusion

lol MB - don't slag the Irish, ok?! Wink

Doo feel free to come up with other locations though. Would anyone like something like Greece or Italy or so? Would work out pricier with flights maybe since a lot of us are actually UK based. But I can look into it for those interested.

Post Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:03 pm 
Mairi bheag

Who's slagging 'em? Wink

Mb
xx

Post Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:36 am 
Footprint

More Sun and Warmth, please!!! :)

Heya fella Euros!!!!!

I only saw this thread now... Confused

I have camped out at Loch Ness before...was wonderful! But...it was summer, I was lucky with the weather. It's great hitch-hiking around that area, too, by teh way!!! Smile

I would very much love to attend a European campout... whereever it may be, flights are CHEAP in Europe! Yeah!

The very big problem is that I am very restrained in my schedule... there is hardly a time of the year where I could afford to take some time off. there are not that many periods during the warmer and sunnier months when I don't have to race, too.... problem.

What time of the year were you thinking of doing such a camp?

What about more South??? Where the weather is nicer not just for a 2-week period like on the British and Irish Isles??

Regarding sunny places like Spain and France, I can serve as a translator no worries. Italy is GORGEOUS, too.... in fact, I think I am voting for Italy......... and then we could also time a campout when it would be possible for me to attend as well..i.e. not during the Central/Northern European summer months.

In April, next year, for example, I could attend such a campout, i think. But I would have to take my bike as well and train... but training in Italy or France or Spain is great. There are cheap trains all teh way to Rome from Germany. Rome....................................................... WE SHOULD GO TO ROME!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody been there??? It is the greatest!!!!!!!!! and I have stayed on a campground there before... but it may be better to stay at the coast close to Rome and just transit by train. Have done that before, too.... and taken a ferry to Sardinia...Sardinia is gorgeous, too, and great for cycling and camping!!! Smile

Cheers,

Footsie

Post Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:29 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: