BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Mels Campout and Meet-Ups!

Where..... Poll
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
Where should we have the next "Gathering"?
Casco Pacific - http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/19269.html
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Florida - http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/5131.html
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Florida - http://www.a1vacations.com/USA/Florida/Disney/Orlando/vacation-house-Orlando/dni/1/p116485.htm
16%
 16%  [ 3 ]
Outer Banks of NC- carolinadesigns.com/cdfinal/asp/master/983m.asp
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Castle In the Desert - http://www.cyberrentals.com/USA/California/Desert-Area/vacation-castle-Palm-Springs/p131957.htm
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Dueceswild

Where..... Poll

These seem to be the most popular places, the top 5 so to speak... and all keep us in a moderate budget. Please tell us why you voted for what you voted for and why you didn't vote for the others, I think that is the best way to weigh all the pros and cons of all the possable spots. And PLEASE only vote if there is a chance that you will be comming. If you KNOW that you will not be attending, please don't vote, you may post you pick, but save the Vote for those of us that plan on going....
Thank you
PS if you have another place you would like put on the list PM me and I'll edit the poll

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:25 pm 
Dueceswild

I'll even go first....
i votted for the one house in FL. Its classy, elegant, yet homey. its close to A LOT of things. stuff to do outdoors for those of us that like the great outdoors. And Stuff to do for those of us that are a little prissyer. Plus I still wanna do Disney, I think it would be a BLAST.

My 2nd pick is The other house in Fl LOL.

My 3rd pick is the Outer banks because it looks absolutly stunning

My 4th pick is the the Castle in CA, there is almost as much to do out there aas in FL, but more of it is outdoorsie... and again that leaves some women out

Now I didn't choose Costa Rica because of the saftey issues, and the expense of getting there, which might leave quite a few out.

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:35 pm 
Khaleesi
Moderators

Okay, i picked the Outer Banks because of money issues. If enough people show i can afford it and there will be practically no travel expense because i can drive it in about 4-5 hours.

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:41 am 
coconut

Well I picked the castle in Palm Springs cause all the other ones are really really far away Confused
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:34 am 
Footprint

Raising my European Hand...

Hello my dear ladies of Mel's Queendom,

What about a campout on European soil for our EU citizens (and all others who like to visit Europe)? It is quite easy to travel within Europe and get to places with public transit on this intriguing continent...

I doubt I would personally be able to attend a possible European gathering (though I would check if there was a rare opportunity) but I thought such suggestion would be in the interest of many on here...??!??

Just a thought....

Cheers from Europe,

Footsie

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:11 pm 
Dueceswild

Footsie,
The reason I think we looked in the US vs. Europe is $$$ expenses. I think It would be super cool if the Europe ladies wanted to have their own campout. I know I won't be able to go on a Europe trip for at least another 2 yrs.

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:22 pm 
Cavewoman

Foot... we have discussed getting something put together in Europe, in South Africa and in Australia.... but it won't be 2007...I am very very seriously considering 2008 for South Africa and have already begun checking into lodgings etc.... While it may seem hypocritcal of me to also bring up the outrageous airfare ($2K) each, it is also a very real and prohibitive factor at this point for a 2007 gathering.... but as Deuce said and as I have said several times in chat, there is absolutely nothing preventing the European/Aussie/SA, etc. ladies from creating their own regional Mel's gathering.....

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:59 pm 
Footprint

Heya Dueces and Cave,

that's what I was thinking, too... have the Europeans have their own campout, with everybody else naturally invited to join as well if they have the resources and time. It seems like we are quite a few Europeans on here, and Europe is pretty small (in my opinion at least).

Cheers,

Footsie

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:44 pm 
coconut

Unless I will the lottery I don't see me making it to a European meet. Would be loverly but finances and kid make that next to impossible Rolling Eyes
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:23 pm 
lostgrl913

i too chose the outer banks. i fell in love with OB years ago when vacationing with the family and would love to go back. and i could drive or carpool there. then i also chose FL/Disney cause i want to go back there too. either would work for me i had started to save all ready. mel's 2007 here i come!!!!
and people are life
if i keep my eyes closed
i'll be open to strife
-Ferron STAND UP

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dueceswild

Look forward to meeting you Lostgrl.... And all the others that come out to play Wink~

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:43 am 
Cavewoman

I chose Castle in the Desert...
1) because Mels Camp 2006 was east coast negating the opportunity for many west coast ladies to attend
2) I've never been to Palm Springs would love to check out the place, it has several lesbian bars, a well established lesbian community AND it has no hurricane threat
3) The rental unit is BEAUTIFUL, the bedrooms look delicous AND the rental unit has room for plenty of lovely ladies
4) if Phyl & I left a couple days early, we could easily pick up a car in Arizona, check out the Grand Canyon and maybe Monument Valley and a couple other places and then make the fairly simple 7 hour drive into Palm Springs..
5) if Phyl & I returned home a couple days late, we could easily drive to Vegas for a couple days, dump the car and fly home from there... sort of smashing a whole bunch into about a 12 day stretch
6) I have travelled to Florida many many many many times... would like to go somewhere I have never been ... of the florida choices.. uhm, i like the one with the more private pool .. as stated in a prior post...
7) I have been to the Outer Banks before, while its not my favorite, its not my least favorite locale on the planet either... but like I said, been there, done that several times....as to the rental unit chosen, i like it because its pool seems to be least visible by the neighboring high rise homes and from what i can see of the bedrooms/living areas, they seem to be comfortable
Cool Costa Rica definitely holds a high appeal to me but it appears I'll have to make other travel arrangements to that particular venue ... anybody care to join us one of these months?

Last edited by Cavewoman on Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:11 am 
coconut

Being in the palm springs region(oh lucky me) I can check out any options for lodging. I love the castle but depending on how many people attend that may not be considered cost effective and there are definitely other options. Palm Springs is a happening place and has loads of opportunities for the Happening Lesbian
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:17 am 
Cavewoman

The Castle = $6000/week,,, if 20 attend, that's $300 per for the week....which works out to about $43/night...

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:16 pm 
Dueceswild

See thats my bigest problem is that I would need 20 women to come, I don't want to spend more than $300 per person. cause if it's in CA I'm going to have to fly out and rent a car. That makes my expense a lot.

Post Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:30 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: