BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Mels Campout and Meet-Ups!

Next Year? 2007
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Cavewoman

Next Year? 2007

I realize that this year's camp hasn't happened yet so this might be premature, but, again, in chat, the topic of next year has come up several times. Along with next year comes the question of where will it be?

I don't know.

We did some polling and some research to come up with this year's site. Will it be at the same place? I don't know.

Will there be another camp? I don't know.

BUT..... if you have a suggestion for where we might camp next year, please post it here.... Lesbian campground, Gay campground. We're not looking for gay friendly, we're looking for gay/lesbian, a place where being ourselves and being comfortable are equally matched.

Sorry to pre-empt anybody on that topic, but having gone through a long search to find this year's camp, I'm just not impressed with the attitude of many gay-friendly camps.

Post Tue May 30, 2006 11:11 pm 
Raven

Okay this may not be all that tomboyish of me, but honest despite how girly this is going to sound I am . . . Can't we have a CAMPINNNNN next year. Hell, if its at a hotel I'll do all the dirty work - set-up stuff . . . .starts to get ideas hmmm . . . well maybe we can have both - one for the outdoorsy and one for the give me room service sweet blooded insected loved ladies. Yeah let me check in on that while cave works her magic on the campgrounds.

Side note - I am a lil jealous oof you all meeting up on this camput out but at least I'll get to see 3 of you before the campout and I wish you all the best of times - have fun girls and dont dare be good.

Rave

Post Tue May 30, 2006 11:44 pm 
Khaleesi
Moderators

i would love to stay in a nice comfy hotel but i for one just don't have that kind of money. That was part of the decision process in making this a campout. i'm sure i'm not the only one that's a little short on cash and it's a lot cheaper to campout for a week than to stay at a hotel. Believe me if i had the money Raven i would be there in a heartbeat. Maybe we could compromise and find somewhere with hotels nearby although we have stated before there are hotels and bed and breakfasts in town near camp this year.

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Wed May 31, 2006 6:13 am 
Cavewoman

Rave, check out the resort in Vermont... it ALMOST satisfies all (Jules has been there) but there is the $$$$$$$ issue which is why we just went with pure camping at this moment... If you can pull it off, I'd be glad as ____.
Also check out the gay/lesbian cabin camp ground in West Virginia. But then i get thinking crazy things like "oh yeah, you just want it close to home, nobody else can get there, etc.".... but i definitely hear ya..... i know there are many ladies here who just do not camp for all the obvious reasons in addition to their own.... and no, i don't plan on responding to every presentation, just thought i'd add my thoughts here to explain that i don't think camping is the main issue, meeting each other is the primary collective goal, having a grand time is second, then comes everything else, affordability, location, timing, weather..... but go for it m'am, lord knows, i'm listening.
P.S. there ARE spas and Inns in Dahlonega for those who would like to be there but can't stand the idea of sleeping in the woods (2006).

Post Wed May 31, 2006 6:15 am 
Raven

I hear ya on the $$$$ part Slave. lol

Bows low to the goddes Cave and her great magical powers. "Dont for a min think I think what you've done is anything short of extrodinary chica." I know how hard you worked to set it all up and try to please everyone as best you could. I can't afford to take off a whole week or hell even a few days is my problem.

PS - Were you saying that the WV campground is clse to you or me?

Post Wed May 31, 2006 11:31 am 
Cavewoman

it only about 4 hours from me..... how close is it for you?
cool cabins, nice views... put a tad pricey.. maybe if we all sort of "bunked" into a few, we could make it more affordable.... and really, getting this thing off the ground wasn't that hard, as usual, the lady of Mels are extraordinary in every way which made it fairly easy....

Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:45 am 
Cavewoman

finding a place that could satisfy many tastes is not proving to be a simple task... is a place like this longfork.com more to your liking? ... yes, i know, its still rustic. OR there is another monster further south in Georgia at lumberjackscampground.com...just fishin around and seein what's out there...

Post Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:26 am 
Cavewoman

okay just to give you a small sampling of what's out there (and believe me, i didn't go over the top here... these are likely the most affordable of the unaffordables) ... but yeah, they're cozy... just check them out.

queenofheartsps.com = Palm Springs
highlandsinn-nh.com = New Hampshire
sandcastleonthebeach.com = St. Croix
engadieneinn.com = Blue Ridge
pearlsrainbow.com = Key West
colonyhotelsouthbeach.com = Miami
molokairanch.com = Hawaii
thevilla.com/index.php = California
wvcabins.com/index.htm = West Virginia
lionsdive.com = Curacao
templenoehouse.com = Ireland

i agree, they are beautiful...and while with some advance notice, some of us could probably swing these places for a week to meet, but i wonder how many that would really add up to. As always, i'm open to comment and suggestions...I'm a beach lover myself and would enjoy meeting up near some gigantic water but wonder of the current hurricane cycle's impact on such planning.

Last edited by Cavewoman on Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:10 am; edited 3 times in total

Post Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:11 pm 
lostgrl913

how about somewhere in p-town or somewhere like that? i havent looked yet but i know i would love to go there even new hope here in PA.

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Cavewoman

P-town, huh? Guess i need to get my head out of the clouds and forest... let's go take a good long look.... shall we?

Post Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:51 am 
Dueceswild

Funny as I was reading this post I was thinking of some place like P-town or Rahobith beach both gat friendly!

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:03 am 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Ladies,

Here I was wondering about next year! lol I'm not able to make this one but I'm sure my gf and I could make the next one with enough notice.

Have fun ladiesssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Hugs

Jan

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:49 am 
Cavewoman

i've spent many hours researching P-town, from what i can discern if we all want to stay in separate B&B's, then fine.... Rehoboth? i haven't checked to be honest..... got any suggestions where 30 or so women could all bunk? Its been since 1975 that i was at Rehoboth, it was all condos at the time... no large guest housing.... Ptown, well, frankly, i haven't been there at all... again........ may i repeat again, suggestions? We need to consider not only adults but also children...

ok... dunno about y'all, but this IS my summer vacation, and i have absolutely no problem at all enjoying it in the company of women i am somehwat familiar with... but then i must look at the larger scope, this site and the many needs which need met if this is to also be their summer vacation....... else, well, it just doesn't work very well, lots of good wishes, but no attendance..

believe me, if i could afford it, i'd rent out the Pointe de Santo on Sanibel Island and to hell with their local "attitude" (which is actually very accepting on a one couple event)... and i'd fly in every lady and her family on the site to Sanibel... but hey, that's not gonna happen

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:04 am 
Dueceswild

let me do some looking

I have some friends that live up that way, and Family, so let me talk to them, I will have some answers for you by the time you get back from this years trip.... K?
Love,
D

Post Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:30 pm 
Dueceswild

So far...

So this is what I found so far on Ptown... This is thier website www.ptown.org
and I have spoken to a Woman run in that has 30 rooms. This is thier site http://www.innatthemoors.com/ they have offered to give us a 10% discount on the rooms if we would like to have it there within the first 2 weeks of June..... It is a really nice place. They said that we can share rooms to cut down on costs. take a look at the site and let me know what you think....
the town website has all sorts of info about activities and social event in Ptown.... It is a VERY open gay town for those of you that are not aware.... anyway I figure after we get more info on several different places we could do a vote if thats ok so that the majority is happy, I am very aware that there is nowhere in the world that would fit everyones budget or desires but I am hoping that with a little research we can find something that fits most.... Is that ok with everyone?????
Anywho I have babbled long enough...
Later,
Duece
I'm off to find more info on other places....

Post Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:36 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: