BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Cooking Techniques and Recipes

Favorite Comfort food???
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Enigmatic

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what Phish food is and...biscuits and gravey? Embarassed

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:34 pm 
Hawaiian

Phish Food is a flavor of Ben and Jerry's ice cream, chocolate with caramel and marshmallow swirls with little bits of yummy chocolate chunks shaped like fish and cows...most of their flavors have funny names like Chunky Monkey and Cherry Garcia.

Well biscuits and gravy. How to explain? Biscuits are like scones but usually fluffier than the scones I've had. You pour gravy on that, and yum, breakfast. Of course gravy + anything is usually great, 'cept of course ice cream. Laughing

~Hawn

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:59 pm 
Enigmatic

Ahh, so I'm wondering if your gravey is the same as our gravey because it's def not something that would ever be eaten with breakfast - ours is a thinish brown sauce made with meat juices to go with mashed potatoes and roast dinners etc.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:38 pm 
Subversive

Our gravy is usually thicker in consistency. It can be brown or white, and it is QUITE good.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:50 pm 
Acidian

Milk Chocolate is my number one I would say.
Vanilla ice-cream, chicken and mushroom pie, apple pie and chocolate brownies are great as well.
Usually I just search the house for whatever is available.

Post Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:40 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Green tea with ginger
Peppermint hot chocolate
Dark, dark chocolate

Post Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:18 pm 
BdeCaunteton

Iced coffee
Garlic bread/bread sticks
mozzarella sticks

and the usual, ice cream and chocolate.. anything.

www[dot]bdecauntetonspoetry[dot]webs[dot]com

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:27 pm 
Greenshadow

Spanikotpita is one of my major comfort foods. So is curry of any sort.
Chocolate is okay, but I'm slightly alergic, so if I eat too much I start feeling sick.

Post Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Purp

Good. Greenshadow can give me her chocolate, and I'll give her my celery sticks instead. That sounds like a good deal to me. Wink

See--my comfort foods are anything chocolate, Graveyards (or Suicides, if you prefer--where you get soft drinks fountain style, and mix them all together), Pringles potato chips, Act II Microwave popcorn--with added melted butter and garlic powder, Indian food (the Indian restaurant near me closed Crying or Very sad ), let's see--steamed clams, oysters, scallops, crab, garlic bread, Bottlecaps candy, freshly baked snickerdoodles...I think my attrocious eating habits had better end here. Understand, this isn't all at once. It depends on my mood, too. Wink

Post Mon May 26, 2008 2:03 am 
Keres

I keep coming back to old fashioned Bread and Butter Pudding. It's easy to make and if made well it's delicious served warm. Arrow

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:57 am 
Greenshadow

[quote="Purp"]Good. Greenshadow can give me her chocolate, and I'll give her my celery sticks instead. That sounds like a good deal to me. Wink
[quote]

Indeed! You can have my chocolate, and bottlecaps too (I can't stand them!) as long as you share the Indian food. Mmmmm, curry. (^___^)

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Phoenix
Moderators

Biscuits n gravy is sooooo Southern. The basic idea is make a milk gravy, cook up some breakfast sausage and crumble it into the gravy, pour over the yummy fluffy biscuits.

Phoenix

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:38 am 
Purp

Thanks, greenshadow. Wink I'm not to sure about the Indian food, though. Let's see...Pakoras...Check. Samosas...Check. Basmati Rice...Check. Saag Paneer...Check. Uh, you weren't ever going to use those lips in your lifetime, were you? I'd hate to make it too spicy for you. Wink Oh,and I hope you don't mind vegeterian dishes. I don't eat meat.

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:02 am 
Greenshadow

quote:
Originally posted by Purp:
Thanks, greenshadow. Wink I'm not to sure about the Indian food, though. Let's see...Pakoras...Check. Samosas...Check. Basmati Rice...Check. Saag Paneer...Check. Uh, you weren't ever going to use those lips in your lifetime, were you? I'd hate to make it too spicy for you. Wink Oh,and I hope you don't mind vegeterian dishes. I don't eat meat.

Then we're agreed! Yay for spicy vegetarian things! (I don't eat meat either, haven't since I was a little kid.)

Post Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:09 pm 
Purp

Hooray!!! Someone else who enjoys Indian food as much as I do!! The bad news is, is that the Indian restaurant that was near my house closed down. Sad It's now a Salvadorian restaurant. *sigh*. Are there any Indian restaurants near your house, or can you cook Indian food? (I'm not that good of a cook, so....) Embarassed

Think chrodephrute would give me her chocolate for my okra? Twisted Evil

Post Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:14 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: