BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Products

pubic shaver
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Cavewoman

pubic shaver

Have been doing a little research.... Seems that the Seiko ES-412 cleancut shaver is the latest and greatest "razor" available.....

A couple other company models have writeups, but the Seiko seems to be the one folks brag about.

Good old "straight" blade and I just don't get along real well irregardless of whom is doing the grooming...... and yes, I'm well aware of clean, cut/clip to create stubble, soak, moisturize, exfoliate, etc. THEN shave a day later followed by vigilent maintenance....

so..... electronic recommendations?

also curious about which maintenance mositurizer the ladies find most pleasant AND effective.......

Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:10 am 
Phoenix
Moderators

We carry a special moisturizer at our spa for after wax treatment. It is very effective. Try calling around to the local spas and waxers they usually have one of the better products. Ingrowns are such a pain!

Waxing does have its many benefits and I highly recommend waxing over shaving, but I know some just don't like the slick style... I for one do. I shave and shave until I get shave burn wish sucks cause I like it very smooth. Waxing lasts weeks.

I have no clue about electric shavers though I have heard they cause ingrowns.

Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:51 am 
Cavewoman

My brain frizzles imagining wax being ripped from my nether lips! (Silly huh, when i'm in the process of getting a tattoo)...... I've never waxed. I do prefer slick and easy to care for and understand waxing is only required on average every six weeks...... I also suppose one becomes accustomed to the sensation..... The maintenance of shaving doesn't appeal at all. Tell me (if you can), the first waxing session; its a complete removal of hair, right? i.e., not done in sessions?.... Thanks for the respond

Post Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:22 am 
woody_8795

Brat,

I would actually like to know any more info you can tell as well. I've been thinking about it but I'm not only scared but shy about that. I know that is their job but I don't know about dropping my pants for anyone but my girl and my ob/gyn. But the constant shaving is a bit annoying! Any words of advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

CW,

Haven't been around lately due to work but I was wondering if you have gotten the tattoo?? Keep me posted!

Woody

Post Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:47 am 
Cavewoman

Brat, i have ransacked all the spas in my neck of the woods.... nobody does pubic area.... from the reading (again), the home wax kits aren't worth the bother.... so,,,,,,,, razors

Woody, have been to the shop, he's working on the "art", am replicating a piece of my jewelry i adore, a silver cuff, need to resize and redraw to get it the right effects when tat on bicep (am NOT going to underarm area) he's working real hard on the upper "edge" because if it turns out the way i hope AND if i can endure the discomfort, then am going to add a shoulder cap using the same elements .... am going with black and grey...... am waiting for the phone call to approve then the big moment.... i definitely have not lost my enthusiasm .....

Post Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:15 am 
dazdcow

Re: pubic shaver

quote:
Originally posted by Cavewoman:
Have been doing a little research.... Seems that the Seiko ES-412 cleancut shaver is the latest and greatest "razor" available.....

A couple other company models have writeups, but the Seiko seems to be the one folks brag about.

Good old "straight" blade and I just don't get along real well irregardless of whom is doing the grooming...... and yes, I'm well aware of clean, cut/clip to create stubble, soak, moisturize, exfoliate, etc. THEN shave a day later followed by vigilent maintenance....

so..... electronic recommendations?

also curious about which maintenance mositurizer the ladies find most pleasant AND effective.......

I LOVE the seiko. Nice clean shave, and I've never had an issue with ingrown hairs (ouchy) in the nether region. I used to use the straight blade razor before this wonderful product came out. Now I just use it daily before entering the shower. Smooth as a baby's bottom. Very Happy

Post Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:13 pm 
Cavewoman

THANK YOU .... nice to have a personal recommendation !!! Cool

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:15 am 
realwoman

Was smiling as I read this, and thought I would recommend tea tree oil for aftercare - works quite well due to its antibacterial properties...

As I was writing my reply, I reveived the following e-mail from my MOM (??? - we never even discussed the nether regions before....!!):

All hair removal methods have tricked us with their promises of easy, painless removal. The epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now.... The Wax!!

My night began as any other normal weekday night. Come home; fix dinner; played with the kids. I then had the thought that would ring painfully in my mind for the next few hours; "Maybe I should pull the wax out of the medicine cabinet?"

So I headed to the site of my demise; the bathroom. It was one of those cold wax kits. No melting a clump of hot wax, you just rub the strips together in your hand and then they get warm and you peel them apart, press it to your leg (or wherever else) and hair comes right off! No mess, no fuss. How hard can it be? I mean, I'm no girly-girl, but am mechanically inclined enough that I can figure it out.

*YA THINK!!!*

So I pull one of the thin strips out. It's two strips facing each together, stuck together. Instead of rubbing them together, I get out the hairdryer and heat it to 1000 degrees. Cold wax my rear end (Oh, how this phrase haunts me!).
I lay the strip across my thigh. Hold the skin around it tight and pull.
OK... So it wasn't the best feeling, but it wasn't too bad. I can do this!!! Hair removal no longer eludes me!! I am She-Ra, fighter of all wayward body hair and smooth skin extraordinaire!!

With my next wax strip, I move "north". After checking on the kids, I sneak back into the bathroom for the ultimate hair fighting championship. I drop my panties and place one foot on the toilet.
Using the same procedure, I apply the wax strip across the right side of the bikini line, covering the right half of my vagina and stretching down to the inside of my butt cheek (Yes, it was a long strip). I inhale deeply and brace myself....

RRRRIIIIIIPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

I'm Blind!!!!! Blinded from pain!!!!!!... OH DEAR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm making noises that only dogs can hear ..
Vision slowly returning, I notice that I've only managed to pull off half of the strip. S**T!!! Another deep breath and RRIIPP...

Everything is swirly and spotted . I cannot breath or speak - I have forgotten how ...
Do I hear crashing drums?????

Wait a few minutes and I'm back to normal (nearly) After all this I want to see my trophy !!! - A wax covered strip with my hairy pelt that has caused me so much pain, sticking to it. I want to revel in the glory that is my triumph over body hair. I hold up the strip!

There's no hair on it!

Where is the hair?? WHERE IS THE WAX? Slowly I ease my head down, foot still perched on the toilet. I see the hair... The hair that should be on the strip. I touch. I am touching wax. S**T!!! I run my fingers over the most sensitive part of my body, which is now covered in cold wax and matted hair.

Then I make the next BIG mistake . . . . . . .

Remember, my foot is still propped up on the toilet. I know I need to do something, so I put my foot down.

DAMN!!! I hear the slamming of the cell door.

Vagina? Sealed shut!
Butt?? Sealed shut!!!

I penguin walk around the bathroom, trying to figure out what to do and think to myself, "Please don't let me get the urge to poop. My head may pop off."

Hot water!! Hot water melts wax!! I'll run the hottest water I can stand into the bathtub, get in, immerse the wax covered bits and the wax should melt and I can gently wipe it off, right??

WRONG!!!!

I get in the tub - The water is slightly hotter than then that used to torture prisoners of war or sterilize surgical equipment - I sit.

Now, the only thing worse that having your nether businesses glued together is having them glued together and then glued to the bottom of the tub. In scalding hot water!! (Which, by the way, doesn't melt cold wax)

So, now I'm stuck to the bottom of the tub!!! God bless the salesman who convinced me I should have a phone in the bathroom!!! I call my friend, thinking surely she's waxed before and has come secret of how to get me undone. It's a very good conversation starter, "So my butt and who-ha are stuck to the bottom of the tub!

There is a slight pause. She doesn't have a secret trick, but does try to hide the laughter from me. She wants to know exactly where the wax is located.

"Are we talking buttock cheek or is it covering - you know - Everywhere(cringe factor 20000 at this point) ?"

She's laughing out loud by now...I can hear her. I give her the rundown and she suggests I call the number on the side of the box.

YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!
I should be the 'butt' of someone else's work-night jokes.

While we go through various solutions, I resort to scraping the wax off with a razor. Nothing feels better then to have your girlie goodies covered in hot wax, glued shut, stuck to the tub in super hot water, and then dry shaving the sticky wax off!!!

By now, the brain is not working, dignity has taken a major hike and I slip into glazed donut land. My friend is still talking with me and my hand reaches towards the saving grace... The lotion they give you to remove the excess wax. What do I really have to lose at this point. I rub some on and OH MY GOD!!!!! The scream probably woke the kids, scared the dickens out of my friend, but I really don't care!!

"IT WORKS!! IT WORKS!!" I get a hearty congratulation from my friend and she hangs up. I successfully remove the remainder of the wax and then notice, to my grief and despair...
THE HAIR IS STILL THERE... ALL OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I shaved it off. Heck, I'm numb at this point.

Next week I'm going to try hair colour . . . . . . ..

light is to darkness as love is to fear...

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:14 pm 
dazdcow

Shocked Shocked

Sounds like a mess! I'm glad all is okay in the nether regions though Wink

Exclamation

Post Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:36 pm 
cexplainsitall

HAHAHA. Oh, I was reading that story at work and couldn't stop silent laughing. It's brilliant. It's Murphy's Law for waxing. I was glad that everything worked out in the end, but now I'm scared to try waxing. Yet, I've only ever shaved once for my college's "dyke prom" and I think I did a poor job of it. Confused

What are tips for getting a nice, clean shave down there. I plan to try this Seiko razor thing because I've heard many great things about it, but I'm scared to death about ingrown hairs. Plus, how far down do you shave? I generally only shave what I can see, but I hear people go as far as to spread their lips and shave down there. I would be scared of cutting myself!

Any advice from some experienced ladies who like shaving more than getting stuck to the bathtub with home waxing kits or paying $50 every 6 weeks for a painful wax? (My friend who gets a brazillian every 6 weeks says that the pain does not get better the more you do it. It still hurts after two years of regular waxing.)

Post Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:40 am 
LOSTANDFOUND

wow

I laughed so much I had tears in my eyes...classic! hahahaaha so good

Knowing something will not change your life.
Doing something will.

Post Fri May 25, 2007 4:07 am 
Eiregirl

Well I have found this to be some very interesting read...

real...I laughed my ass off just reading that. I can only imagine what I would have laughed off talking to you on the phone about it LOLOL.

I shaved for many years then started waxing but when I waxed down there I did it just a little one day then a little the next and so on...yes it hurt. After I finally got it all out I learned not to let to much grow back before doing it again because if you keep it thinned out it is much easier and less painful. Now however I don’t shave and I don’t wax anymore…a few weeks ago my lovely lady and I saw something in the mall that caught our eyes…well my eyes anyway…a wet/dry epilator!!! It is a Panasonic ES2045D and I love it. I am sure that if I did not already wax and was not already use to this type of hair removal that it could possibly be a little more painful than waxing in that area but being able to do it in the shower with hot water showering the area vastly (in my opinion) reduces that effect. UMM…just be careful around some things…those pinchers can grab. I had thought about getting an epilator before but had never heard of a wet/dry epilator until I saw that one…sitting there on the shelf calling my name…I listened and shelled out the 70 dollars right then and there. That night me and the epilator got very close to each other.

I will say this…for anyone who has not waxed down there and if you do not keep it trimmed and things out…get it waxed before using an epilator it will make life much easier once you start using one…just ask Deb.

Eiregirl Arrow

Post Fri May 25, 2007 4:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
cupcakes

I have an epilator too. emjoi. I've only used it on my arms, legs, and underarms.
Love it; it's so much fun, but it's pretty loud. My apartmentmates probably thought i was using a monster of a vibrator.
Cool

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 pm 
Mairi Galt

Electrolysis

It is expensive(17 sessions @ 35GBP each) and painful(a bit more than laser) but permanent. Unlike other forms of hair removal that must be repeated periodically. locating a salon that will do the vulva is the most difficult part of the process. But in my opinion well worth the effort and there is minimal maintenance. Exclamation Exclamation

Post Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Lost_and_confused

I just have to chime in that waxing is the way to go. Nothing compares for that smooth as a baby's butt feeling afterwards! And not as painful as I had expected - only three of the strips made me gasp, the rest of the time I had a very normal conversation with the sadist yanking the hair out of my hoo-haw. lol

Post Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:03 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: