BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Am I weird or is it my family?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
renie

Am I weird or is it my family?

I am a pretty private person who needs lots of personal space. Whenever I visit family out of state, I always get a hotel room. Trust me when I say, there are MANY reasons for this decision. I have to make a trip again to see an elderly parent and my son is also flying there. He wants to share the one room hotel room with me. I feel like that is really going to be uncomfortable on many levels for me. I get very stressed when I have to fly, I have Meniere's disease (inner ear disorder), vertigo, IBS and an ulcer. I need some small moments of privacy (especially when I try to go to sleep and use bathroom!) and sharing with my 40 year old son will definitely make the stress level way higher. He gets up at the crack of dawn (I sleep til Cool and our relationship has been a bit strained over the years, as he doesn't approve of my relationship. How do I handle this? I feel guilty, yet I"m annoyed, b/c he knows me, and he also has tons of money so it's not like he can't afford his own room.

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:29 am 
Tracey

just tell him nicely that he's too old to be sharing rooms with his mom! and explain with the IBS that it could be unpleasant for him! (i have IBS as well and pity anyone who has to use the bathroom afterwards)

*hugs*

Tracey

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Exactly what Tracey said. He is 40 years old for petes sake. I wouldnt be sharing a room with him if I was in perfect health. No need to feel guilty Renie, just say NO. ANd believe me, I do know how stressful family can be.

HugZ, MG

Post Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:36 pm 
renie

Thanks Tracey and Mystery girl. It would feel uncomfortable to share one room/bathroom with my 40 year old son or anyone besides my partner. Living with my partner for 25 years, we know eachother's needs and quirks. Besides the fact that I'd be embarrassed by IBS issues, snoring, keeping myself properly clothed constantly, there'd be no room for yoga, or a moment of privacy, which I need after living with someone for 25 years. Just a little space.........

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:07 pm 
PipSqueak

I agree with MG & Tracey. Just politely tell him that you are used to your space and will be more more comfortable not sharing a room. Maybe he thinks he ought to and it'll be a relief for him too.

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:47 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: