BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

Tornado destruction in the USA

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Tornado destruction in the USA

I am absolutely shocked by the extent of the damage and loss of life that has occurred in the tornados which have ripped through the southern states. So many people killed and so much property damage.

My thoughts are with all Mels members who live in that area and I hope you and your families are safe. After the terrible floods and cyclcones in Australia this year and the earthquakes in NZ and Japan, I feel like nature is really trying to tell us who is in charge Sad

HugZ, MG

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 pm 
wishonastar

Missed most of the storm damage here MG. Seems like we got really lucky here tho the light effects were awesome to watch! Talked to many people today at work who will be with out power from this mess for days on end. One lady told me they wouldn't have power back till monday at the soonest.
Times like this I am proud to be working for a company who is working hard to get communication devices to those areas that are affected here in the south.
I know X and Laz got missed by the storms when they went through their area as well. And I also know LAF missed all the damage in AK as well. Her scrapes were very close to home as well.
So for us in the south I can say I have heard from in one form or another; X, Laz, LAF, Arron, Me, Chord tho i don't think she was close to anything.

Hugs
Star
But I’m missing way too much
So when do I give up, what I’ve been wishing for.

Down - Jason Woods

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 am 
Outdoors65

All safe here in south MS...
the northern part of the state and west Alabama isn't that lucky. Major devastation about 3 hours from here.

Thanks for your thoughts and concern, MG. I hope others will post here and let us know they are safe.

Blessings to all...

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:27 am 
Tracey

thought and prayers going out to Alabama and surrounding states

*hugs*

Traceyx

sometimes i wonder... ' why is that frisbee getting bigger'... and then it hits me

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:53 am 
Xalia1
Moderators

They were bad...
It all literally went in a circle around us, 3 cities within 5 miles from us got demolished...and our airport which is right down the road.
If you google storm damage in St. Louis, MO, Bridgeton, MO & Maryland Heights, MO you can see a lot of it.
We were very lucky, and no deaths from the storms here at all...that's amazing considering what has been happening everywhere else this past week. Certainly thanking our higher power a lot lately.

I will keep praying for those affected by the storms, and all the other natural disasters going on at the moment...there are so many.

Thank you for posting this MG

Hella Hugs,
Xalia & Laz

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Thanks for everyone who let us know they made it through OK. I just feel so sorry for everyone whose homes, businesses and whole suburbs have been destroyed. Where do you start to rebuild?

I am so lucky that the west coast of Australia is such a stable place, being on a sand plain we hardly ever flood (of course you woud have to have rain for that and its a sorely missed commodity), we have had only one largish earthquake in living memory, and although the north of our State does get cyclones, we are relatively safe down south. We do get horrible little ones that rip in off the water but at least they are confined to one specific area. I cant imagine what it would be like to have miles and miles of your town flattened.

It is STILL raining in part of Queensland and causing havoc with a state that is already waterlogged with every river, creek and dam full. Some towns face being flooded for the THIRD time this year.

HugZ, MG

Post Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:41 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: