BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Moans & Groans

So tired of hurting...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
wishonastar

So tired of hurting...

I need to moan and whine and just get this out.

I AM TIRED OF F*(&ING HURTING!!!!

No Arren and I are not having problems.
This pain is all psychical. The left side of my body just hurts like hell. And before you say it yes I have to see a DR. NO I cant afford to. And even if I find someone who will take payments or has reduced rates I have no idea how I would pay for meds.
I stand on concrete floors for 9 hours a day. No matter what shoes I buy (on my third pair in 5 months) it doesn't help with the pain.
My back, my knee, my ankle, my feet, my arm... it just doesn't stop. Over the counter meds no longer seem to do much. but if I dont take something with a slight pain killer I feel like I can't move. I am out of ideas how to dull the pain enough to get through a 9 hour shift. I cant cut my hours at work or we can't pay the bills. I have finally got around to applying for help with food,, but it could be 30 day before I find out if I am approved and what I need to submit for that help and how much I may get.
I can't find low cost health Insurance. And the shit is if i could get a dr with the amount of pain i would probably qualify for partial disability. but to get it I need a dr and to get a dr i need disability or insurance. FML
If anyone has any brilliant ideas please let me know. i really just want to cry but that only makes me stuffy and sore.
Arren has been so good about making sure I dont do anything here at home that might make me hurt. She does the cooking and a lot of the cleaning. She deals with my pup when I hurt too much to. She makes things as easy on me as possible but she just can't fix this, and I wish she could.
Ok done whining and off to get ready for another day dealing with stupid annoying people.
BTW if anyone knows how I can get out of retail and not kill myself doing it that would be great too!

Star
But I’m missing way too much
So when do I give up, what I’ve been wishing for.

Down - Jason Woods

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:24 pm 
melons
Site Admin

((((((((((((((star)))))))))))))

Have you thought about trying orthotics for your shoes? The way a person stands can affect the entire frame, from feet upwards, ankles, knees, hips, back could all be in pain.

Perhaps heel inserts would work, have you tried them at all? They can relieve stress from standing and are only a few quid. I've used them before and they removed pain in my knees and lower back whilst my achiles was able to heal.

Have you ever used antiinflammatories instead of pain relief?

How much would it cost to see a doctor for diagnosis? Medication may not be required, for instance, phsyiotherapy exercises may be all that's needed and then you could manage the exercises yourself without paying excessive treatment costs?

I hope you start to feel better soon,

luv'n'hugs,

Melx

Post Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:59 pm 
cupcakes

(((star)))

Do you live in America? You might qualify for medicaid. Go to the nearest hospital emergency room but don't check in...ask for their financial advice people/billing or w/e. Hospitals deal with people who can't pay all the time...and they'll know where to send you. Then, the adviser will ask you some questions to help figure out if you qualify. If you do, doctor visits and prescriptions are covered.

In the meantime here's some relief tips from when I used to do a physically demanding occupation all day:

1) hot showers at night and do stretching exercises. It'll hurt a lot in the beginning, but once you get used to it, it'll help.

For your back: twists are really good. also stretching like a cat
legs: just stretch them
ankles and achilles: be really gentle. they injure easily and take forever to recover.
Stretch during and after work.

(Also stay hydrated! drink water during all your breaks)

2) Learn to give yourself a massages, especially 5 min foot/achilles massages.

3) elevate your legs as much as you can. Lay on your back and put your feet up on the wall for at least 20 mins a day.

or hang upside down. You know how gyms have those incline boards for sit-ups?

4) mineral ice liberally. ibuprofen.

Take care! <3

Post Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:09 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: