BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Member Introductions

Not sure what I'm doing

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
girlwithguitar4447

Not sure what I'm doing

Not exactly sure what all to say, but feel I should say something instead of just stalking around the boards reading what everone else has to say. I finally rallied my courage enough to join and then had to find some more courage before I could bring myself to write anything... I'm normally pretty reserved when it comes to meeting new people so posting here is definately not easy for me. As for me, I am in my late twenties scared of how close thirty really is and still trying to figure out my life. I have one college degree, am working on my second, and also working full time to support my education "habit". I joined here just looking for a little support while I try and figure out who I am. I enjoy reading the boards because everyone here seems to be so encouraging of each other. That's the kind of thing I need in my life right now. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi.

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:48 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

((((((((((((girlwithaguitar))))))))))))))

Welcome! (Those are hugs, as you've probably figured out by now.)
A lot of what you've written resonates strongly with me. I also had to muster the courage to join here and then eventually post my thoughts to a bunch of strangers, not knowing how they would react. I found out: 1) the "strangers" don't bite and 2) taking things at your own pace is perfectly fine. Everyone functions differently.

Oh, and the education habit? I think a few of us around here know exactly what you're talking about. Wink What do you study?

~Eilidh

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:46 pm 
Allison

(((((((((((((Girl)))))))))))) grins madly...some of us do bite but in playful ways. I am happy you have mustered up the courage to join and begin posting. We generally are a good lot and have much in the way of experience and advice to offer. Sighs.....I remember turning 30 almost a century ago Wink Welcome and pop in to chat when you can.

Alli

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
WonderWhy

Hey Hey! Welcome, Girl with a Guitar!

Looking forward to getting to know you. It took me a while to really get involved too, but it's a great place here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Cheers!

WonderWhy.

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:46 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Hmmm, I shall call you GG, it's much less of a mouthful Very Happy Kudos for finally getting brave enough to post, most of us have been in that position at one time.'

If you haven't ventured into the Poetry or Story Boards yet, then I would encourage you to give them a go. lots of amazingly talented women on this site.

Hope to see you in Chat sometime

HugZ, MG

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:00 am 
Outdoors65

GG (I like that one, MG),
Welcome to Mels!!!

I always love to read about a new member talk about how friendly the posts seem. That is one thing that drew me to this wonderful place (well, that and the stories). This is a wonderful site for you to receive support and for you to post your thoughts in a variety of ways as you process your emotions and thoughts.

I look forward to meeting you in chat sometime...

Enjoy life at YOUR pace!

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 pm 
SexyKaz

Welcome GG.Hope you find the people here as friendly and helpful as i did.(i'm sure you will)

*hugs*
Kaz

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:41 pm 
girlwithguitar4447

Thank you all for your kind welcome. It makes me a little less nervous to be posting when I feel I am among friends. Sorry the name is a mouthful, it was all I could think of, but I like the nickname. I'll have to remember that Smile

I keep trying to pop into chat, yet I think because of time differences, every time I do no one else is there Sad Oh well, I will keep trying.

Eilidh, I currently have a bachelor's degree in Forestry (which is still my first love though a crappy economy has made jobs impossible to find) and am pursuing a degree in either Computer Networking or Computer Support/Technician, though I will also soon be trying my hand at web design. Decided that would be fun to learn as well. Who knows what I will try to learn next Very Happy

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:31 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Forestry is awesome! There aren't many schools in the US that teach it, but there are many more abroad. (I study environmental engineering and have been known to dabble in natural resource and agricultural stuff.) You might have slightly better chances of finding a related job if you are willing to move to wherever the best jobs may be, but like you said, this economy is making it nearly impossible to find any jobs anywhere.

Sorry you haven't been able to chat with anyone yet. It fluctuates, but there are usually people around between 7:30 pm and 10:30 pm EST. Keep trying and eventually someone will be there!

~Eilidh

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:47 pm 
PipSqueak

Is that -5 GMT? so 12:30 - 3:30 am GMT? HELP!!

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:51 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleUK:
Is that -5 GMT? so 12:30 - 3:30 am GMT? HELP!!

Yes, the time conversion is correct, but don't take the range too literally. I just based it on me popping in at random times between those hours and seeing the chatroom relatively full. The important thing is to just keep trying. If nobody is there when you first enter, stay around for a few minutes. Sometimes we miss one another by mere seconds!

~Eilidh

Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:59 pm 
wys2uways

Very Happy

Welcome.

You are going to love it here.

It is an awesome place to spend time.

I left you some PM's.

Feel free to drop me a line anytime.

I check in every day.

Post Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:07 pm 
DanceofSorrows