BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Parents

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
WonderWhy

Parents

So I told my mum, basically because the husband was pressuring me to. I guess I can understand that he wants them to know the whole story and not think badly of him when it's not his fault. My mum was pretty understanding although understandably surprised. She said that she would tell dad but she sounded a bit reluctant...which didn't give me much confidence either...
Anyway she told him and then sms me to say that he is shocked and surprised and can't talk to me today, but that he still loves and accepts me.
I guess I expected that in a way, but hell, it's not like I'm done something wrong, I haven't murdered anyone or robbed a bank or anything. I'm happy and content in myself which is a first, I told her it's a good thing not a bad thing...
Anyway, could be worse I suppose.

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:25 am 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Sweetie, the one thing you need to remember is that you have had a lot of time to process who you are - and it has been hard at times, even for you. Your parents have only just found out and it really does take time for them to absorb and process this news, you can't expect them to be totally on board instantly. The fact that your Dad says he still loves and accepts you is a wonderful start. It's so much more than a lot of people get as a first reaction.

Give them time to get used to the idea.

HugZ, MG

Last edited by MysteryGirl on Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:40 am 
Eilidh
Moderators

((((((WonderWhy)))))))),

MG has given you some very wise advice about giving them some time. I have a feeling that they will come around. Your dad had pretty much the best reaction anyone could expect -- allow him to build on that! Your mom may just need more information (in addition to time). If you have any books, articles, etc. that you have found useful, you may want to give her those to read on her own. Try not to put any pressure on either of them. Once they get used to the idea, I think you will all become a tiny bit closer for now you are being completely honest with them. That takes guts! Congratulations!

Hugs,
Eilidh

Post Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:43 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: