BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

A General Feeling of Relief...

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kakure

A General Feeling of Relief...

So, I'm new here. A little over a year ago, I had my first girlfriend. I had known for a while that I liked girls and that I was never going to date a man again, but I hadn't talked to anyone about it...except her. I remember literally shaking when I was calling my mother. Sam held my hand, and my mom answered, and I said, "Mom, Sam and I are more than friends now." She said "Oh." There was lots of silence. Then, she said, "I'm sure she'll treat you great. You tell her I said hello, and that I already love her to death." So, I cried. That went well.

Sam and I dated for several months, and then I...well...broke. I was diagnosed with severe depression in March (they think it might be bi-polar now), and it came on so quickly. My relationship with Sam didn't survive the roller-coaster that followed, but I can't blame her. We are still very close friends though. I'm thankful for that.

I officially came out only a few months ago. Nearly my entire family and all my friends here at school are aware that I'm gay, although my father and my grandparents are still being....well...a little ridiculous about it, honestly. I don't really care, though. Honestly, the only other member of my family I was really worried about was my uncle. We've been really close for a long time. He's in Iraq right now, but he messaged me yesterday. He's fine with it. And I am in a pretty good mood. I feel like a big weight has been lifted off of my shoulders or something.

Yay!

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Outdoors65

congrats

Hey Kakure,
Congrats on coming out, and your uncle providing you with support.

I hope you are able to get a handle on your health issues, and to experience peace in the midst of the challenges you face.

Post Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:51 pm 
storybellz

I am happy and relieved for you! Upon reading your post, it seems that i can almost feel your excitement! And, your mom sounds like a darling person!

Congrats!

Post Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:50 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: