BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Movies, Television and Film stars

Bad/Good Movies - not necessarily lesbian themed
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

hi,

There are several vamp series coming to DVD sooner or later! Blood Ties, Moonlight and True Blood! Its a busy year for vamps in tv series.

Moonlight appears to be the re-make and up-date of Forever Knight. then came Angel whose opening sequence and music reminded me of forever Knight's. Also all 3 are about vampires who are detectives who are moving about the mortal world. I haven't seen the Moonlight series but will be looking forward to checking it out on DVD.

Blood Ties I've heard of but haven't seen.

True Blood! I've seen one episode that was released as a kind of a tease. Wow! Talk about a serious vamp show about vamps coming out of the closet. I can't wait until its released to DVD

Have fun on your child free weekend!

Take care

Jan

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:15 am 
PipSqueak

Hi, thnx!
mmm, it's bugging me that I can't remember Forever Knight, I know I watched it. might see if there are some episodes on youtube.
I prefered Blood Ties over Moonlight (sure it's not just Christina Cox Wink ). Found the acting and vampire special effects are a lil over the top in Moonlight, but I still watched most episodes so it wasn't that bad. Laughing Also loved the banter in Blood Ties, the characters seem to take themselves very seriously in Moonlight.
Mite chk out the True Blood books, we've not got a release date scheduled yet.
We're being hit by the media surrounding Twilight at the mo!! Lovely festive movie, hey!

Post Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:13 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Forever Knight was a series originally aired back in 1992 for 3 seasons. It was based on the tv movie called Nick Knight starring Rick Springfield! lol The series named changed because of the Nickelodeon having something call Nick at Night! Yes, I know I'm full of bizarre information lol

Another moldy but old vamp series is called 'The Kindred: The Embraced which was about vampires who moved about society without humans knowing about them. It kind of had a mob sort of a feel to it with clans that had one mob boss. yes, I've got that in my DVD collection too!

I'll wait for twilight to come out on DVD.

Take care

Jan

Post Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:20 am 
PipSqueak

Love Kindred, have it on video and 2 books when I found out it was oroginally a rpg....
Also had to survive my sister's severe depression when the lead vamp died in a bike accident! (It should be noted by Hollywood that 3 of her favourite male actors have died in bike accidents...)
Damn post office was shut when I finishd shopping....

Post Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:45 pm 
DarkChyldesKiss
Site Admin

Wow, thats a bit bizarre. Seems alot of good ones die young. The man who played Ares in Xena, Kevin Smith died in a stunt accident shortly after the series ended. It was a shame because the man was a great actor. He was the god you loved to hate at times. My fav episodes with him in it were when he let out his comedic side!

I was a fan of rpg and stuff like that so i was excited when the Kindred came to tv!

Post Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:58 pm 
pauliewog

Has anyone seen "Let The Right One In"? Best movie I've seen in a year and maybe the best vampire movie I've ever seen. It's in Danish, but you really have to watch it with the subtitles, the acting is incredible.

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICp4g9p_rgo

Post Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:47 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: