BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

relationship vs. career

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
Would you GIVE UP your career goals/dreams or your long-term significant other?
dream job, career goals
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
love, "the one"
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
If I can't have one, I don't want the other...I would forsake them both, rub my tummy, and cry forever!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
cupcakes

relationship vs. career

hello ladies of Melswebs (ltns). Here's a friendly, non-political question that I've been contemplating tonight:

If you HAD to choose one over the other, would you rather give up your career goals/dreams or your long-term significant other?

There's no right or wrong answer since it depends on so many different and complicated variables. But let's assume that this is an extreme case where it's either your life's passion dream job versus the love of your life.

Anyways...I've always considered myself to be career/goal driven. In the past, I've dropped my life at a moment's notice to move abroad pursuing whatever struck my fancy. I thrived on the LDR and I'm still and advocate of LDR's. But now I'm a bit older (probably not any wiser) and I've been spoiled by living with my gf. I'm not sure if I'd be willing to sacrifice relationship for career anymore.

It's a blessing and a curse to find serious love at a young age.

Ideally, lovers would be able to support each other in their endeavors...compromise etc. etc.

I don't like to air out our dirty laundry in public, but I have to say--it hurts to hear your lover say "if it wasn't for you, I'd be..."

I wouldn't want to hold her back. I wouldn't want to feel tied down. I fear suppressed or subconscious resentment. I know a whole bunch of people are going to say "communication is key," but not everything can be solved with words.

So what's your perspective? Is it true...love conquers all? Or do you have to meet your own needs before you can be with another?

Rolling Eyes yours truly,
the snackfood

Post Fri May 01, 2009 7:36 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: