BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

coming out over and over and over again

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
stronger211

coming out over and over and over again

It gets aggravating. I have a friend who is not gay say, "what's the big deal? Does everyone NEED to know you are gay" and then I feel I have to explain it all to her again.

Everyone doesnt NEED to know but Im not up for pretending so eventually it comes out and then its this huge "conversation" and I lose sleep over whether that person is gonna treat me differently the next day.

Aggravating!

I came out for the first time over a year ago. I started by telling my closest friends. That backfired. Half of them decided over the course of 6 months that they could no longer be friends with me if I decided to live in this "lifestyle" I've told parts of my family, who fortunately have been UBER wonderful and accept me and my girlfriend, no questions asked. I still have a few family members to tell but figure soon enough it will come up. My girlfriend came home with me over the weekend and met all my family as my "roommate". Im waiting for the "remember my friend... yeah we're dating"

All in all, Im glad I've told people. In the end I've realized who my true friends are and who I can REALLY count on. I just don't want to spend the rest of my life re-living moments of the past year. But I guess I'll get used to it.

Rant over....

Post Thu May 29, 2008 10:11 pm 
Purp

It's better that they know then have it be a big surprise to them. You did the right thing, and as for those "friends" that left you because of your "lifestyle"? It's their loss, not yours. Hang in there, it will get better. Exclamation

Post Thu May 29, 2008 11:49 pm 
twilight

Yes, you will continue to come out over and over.... it just is the way it goes. I am still coming out to new people everyday. I understand completely. I do not "look like a lesbian" but I do not hide that I am. I do not throw it in their face though either. Maybe that is what your friend is struggling with. Hopefully you find a way to let others know without shoving it down their throats. OR maybe I am reading too much into your post and you are not that. Anyway, best of luck in finding your place in this world.

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:41 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
findyourpassion

What annoys me is when people think you're shoving it down their throats when really what you're saying is the same types of things about your relationship that any straight person would say, but then because you're gay all of a sudden they think you're making a huge deal about your sexuality. So many people don't realize how much assumed heterosexuality there is around us and that we could say that they're shoving heterosexuality down our throats!
ok just had to get that out, rant over!

Post Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:07 am 
storybellz

quote:
Originally posted by findyourpassion:
What annoys me is when people think you're shoving it down their throats when really what you're saying is the same types of things about your relationship that any straight person would say, but then because you're gay all of a sudden they think you're making a huge deal about your sexuality. So many people don't realize how much assumed heterosexuality there is around us and that we could say that they're shoving heterosexuality down our throats!
ok just had to get that out, rant over!

Ditto to that one!

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:19 am 
stronger211

EXACTLY..... thanks for the posts!

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:34 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: