BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

Coming Out

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
TaylorComingOut

Coming Out

Hi Everyone Smile

Well....Just quick intro....My name is Taylor, I'm from the UK, and I've decided to come out. I'm 21 and have known since I was about six, and I've decided it's about time. The problem is, I'm completely alone in this, I don't know anybody who's ever been through it, and I don't have anybody I can talk to about it. So...I've decided to start an (anonymous) online quest, to discuss and share my story as I start to come out to people.

So really I'm looking for any help, support, and advice. Literally anything is welcome Smile

I'd also really appreciate it if anyone who'd care to would look at my blog and offer advice - tayloriscomingout.blogspot.com

Thanks Smile

Taylor xx

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Eilidh
Moderators

Hi Taylor,

Firstly, welcome to Mels! Please make yourself at home. The tea and coffee are on their way Wink

Secondly, if you scroll down a bit on the page, you will find an entire subforum about coming out. I'd suggest reading some of the stories there. You might be surprised to find you are a lot less alone than you may think.

Thirdly, I read your blog. I commend you on starting it and writing your thoughts in an open place for everyone to see. One comment of yours particularly struck me, one about navigating the gay and straight communities while feeling like a fraud in both. I can understand your point of view and I've certainly had similar experiences. Once you become more comfortable with yourself and your new self-image, the binary of straight-vs.-gay communities begins to fade into more of a spectrum. Friends are friends, regardless of sexual orientation. (Yes, I know it's not always that simple, but it does become easier, I promise!)

In any case, I urge you to take a look around Mels. There's this general board and then two others: one for poetry and one for stories. You can access them through the "P" and "S" buttons at the top of the page. There is also a chatroom. Feel free to stop by; you'll find a warm circle of women to welcome you there.

~Eilidh

Post Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:36 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: