BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Coming Out....

jewelery/rings

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lily1111

jewelery/rings

I am new to all of this and lesbain culture if you know what I mean. I have a question about rings and also earrings.....When someone is in a lesbian relationship or committed do they wear a ring on a certain finger? Or do they also wear it on the ring finger? Also, if a girl is single do they wear rings or earrings in certain places to show other people that are single? Everyone is so knowledgeable on this site so I wanted to ask my dumb questions here.....hahahahhaha Or any other interesting information about this would be greatly appreciated Thanks Lily Of course the method to madness is a girl ha ha

Post Sat May 31, 2008 8:51 pm 
MysteryGirl
Moderators

Great question Lily! Very Happy Can't give you an answer personally cause I dont know either LOL but I just asked my lady about this and she said a single earring worn in the right ear indicates availability, in your left ear unavailable. She was a little less sure on rings but thinks that a wedding or commitment band can be worn on the ring finger of either hand.

I would also like to hear other people's responses on this topic.

HugZ, Noni

Post Sat May 31, 2008 10:56 pm 
twilight

When I was in a commited relationship I wore her ring on my left hand ring finger... just like you would a wedding ring. It had the same meaning to me. Now that I am single I wear my mother's ring on my left ring finger. This mainily is because of some scars on my right hand, but ... when a date asked me about it. Hinted that I was married to my kids. I was not offended, they are my top priority right now! Anyway... I am not sure about the earings and which side signifys single, but the ring part I could answer. Maybe you can combine Noni and my answers and combine them.

The lengthening shadows wait The first pale stars of twilight. ~~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Greenshadow

quote:
Originally posted by Noni:
...a single earring worn in the right ear indicates availability, in your left ear unavailable. ...

Neat! I've been wearing a single hoop earring on my left ear since a couple of years before I even knew I was a lesbian, actually.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 5:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Gabriel Fallen

dunno bout earrings, tho i always have worn a single in my right ear...and normally am available. when in a serious relationship, i typically do wear a ring for the person. i wear mine on my left thumb tho b/c of circulation issues. I have also worn a commitment bracelet for a girl. I guess the point is I see many forms of expression and they are normally only a standard to the person themself.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:03 pm 
Greenshadow

Oh, I totally forgot to mention that I wear a necklace given to me by my lady love. I almost never take it off.
Likewise, in highschool I constantly wore a bracelet that the girl I liked had given me.

Post Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: