BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Books and Story Writers

Farewell Harry

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Landie

Farewell Harry

I can't believe no one has written about Harry?
Ok, I know it might not appeal to many lesbian women but I still regard Harry Potter as one of our times greatest stories. It is listed as one of the top ten books everyone should read before they die. And who whould've thouht that such a magical childerns story became one of the most read books of all time?

To those who are Harry fans, I share the excitment and sadness that the great adventure is over. I loved the last book, everything worked in the book. The ending was brilliant in my opinion.

To those who've never read Harry Potter, do yourselves a favour, just read one. You'll find it difficult to put down.

Let me know what you'll thought of the last book. Did it live up to your expectations?

Happy reading.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:41 pm 
BrokenPromises

I too LOVE the Potter books, but was slightly embarrassed buying them, as I am 28 and was in line with a bunch of 8 to 12 year olds buying the damn books Confused

Shocked <~~was me just recently in line at Target getting Deathly Hallows

You know what, I wasn't too thrilled about certain parts of Deathly Hallows, (well maybe it was just the thought that it was the last one that made me not enjoy it so...a bitter sweet read I guess). I just cannot believe it is over Crying or Very sad

Well at least we have the remaining movies to look forward to huh...

Crap, I am such a dork... Embarassed
Hey where did we go.Days when the rains came,Down in the hollow. Playin' a new game, Laughing and a running hey, hey, Skipping and a jumping. In the misty morning fog with our hearts a thumpin' and you...My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:25 am 
Landie

How can you call yourself a dork?
That is so unfair. I'm 24 and I'm not ashamed to say I too wiated in the cue for my copy. Harry is definitely one of the best reads of our time and wheter you're 12 or 50 I think it can appeal.
If you're a reader like myself then you'll know there are few things that can provide such pleaure and escape from reality than a good book.
You're definitely not a dork for reading, that in my book makes you interesting.

I agree with you that Harry was a bit of a bitter sweet read and the first couple of chapters I took it a bit slow but owards the end I couldn't read fast enough to find out what happens next. It was thrilling.

Anyway, take care and happy reading!!

Post Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:28 am 
BrokenPromises

Thanks for saying I'm not a dork Wink

It was still a bit nerve racking standing in line with all those bloody kids, looking up at me, it felt STRANGE. Shocked <--honestly that was my face the whole time.... Laughing

What may I ask are you reading now, if anything? Since I finished HPDH, i have not picked up a book. I think I am in a rut. You recommend anything.
Hey where did we go.Days when the rains came,Down in the hollow. Playin' a new game, Laughing and a running hey, hey, Skipping and a jumping. In the misty morning fog with our hearts a thumpin' and you...My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.

Post Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:45 am 
Mystic

I love Harry Potter books!

Post Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:37 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: