BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

"iraq war caused by tolerance of gays"

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
smart_cookie

"iraq war caused by tolerance of gays"

Lord above.

I just saw on the local news that there is a church group that goes around protesting at the funerals of soldiers killed in Iraq, because they believe the war is God's punishment for the United States "harboring" gay people. The group does not care what the orientation of the serviceman or woman was.

They hold signs saying things like "God hates you!" and worse. Their latest target, which got them on the news tonight, is the funeral of a young man killed on Christmas day whileserving in Baghdad.

I am just amazed at people like these, who abandon their very humanity in the name of hate, and insist God shares their hate as well. Sick sick sick.

Here is the most recent news story on this church group that I could find:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/10/31/funeral.protests.ap/index.html?imw=Y&iref=mpstoryemail

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:53 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

...And P*h*e*l*p*s strikes again.
Seriously, didn't they say that gays were at fault for 9/11, too?
I really have to wonder about the lack of logic and the force of hate harbored in some minds of this world.

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:18 am 
Cavewoman

I can think of only one civil reply to this thinking....(and its not gruesome enough but it is succint, ... enough)

Oh BOTHER.....

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:13 am 
coconut

I find P*h*e*l*p*s amusing.
Everyone once in a while I think that there may be a smidge of humanity in the religious right them P*h*e*l*p*s pops up again and puts everything back where I expect to find it.

I enjoy P*h*e*l*p*s honestly. He always gives me someone to laugh at
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:11 am 
Hawaiian

You don't even want to go to their website. I think it might be called g0d h@te$ f@g$ or something close (don't wanna put the link 'cause they surf the internet for references to themselves in order to attack), but it about as vile and confused as possible.

Most of his kids are lawyers and they are very adept at suing people, cities, and the Baptist church. Be aware that they are a little familial church enclave unto themselves (actually swindled the Baptists out of the church and land.) All of those kids you see with them, that's the grandkids. Many cities have passed laws which ban protests at funerals specifically aimed at this clan. They certainly are the craziest bunch of the right wing nuts.

Um, ladies if you don't mind, I'm gonna edit the name in everyone's post because I'm a bit paranoid of this bunch. We really really don't want this group's attention.

~Hawn

Post Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:50 am 
Eia

what does "P*h*e*l*p*s" means?

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Hawaiian

Hi Eia,

That's the family's surname, if you take out the *s. When you put the asterisk, the search engines won't find the name. See this hate group looks for themselves on the internet, and call me paranoid, but I don't want them looking here, ever. The family is not only hateful but fond of suing people, cities and the Baptist church. And they fond of attacking groups or people, and putting the gay and lesbian groups on their website. Unfortunately, the website is a popular one.

Do some research on this group, and if you have a strong stomach go to their websites. Just be warned this group is perhaps the nuttiest of the nuts.

~Hawn

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:27 am 
Cavewoman

heya Hawn.... thanks very much for being paranoid... and watchful and protectful... PLEASE scramble anything you're inclined to ... to keep these goofs off my butt......

again...

oh BOTHER...

i know its not enough, but then again, down through history, when has anything truely been able to get through to these "one worlders"?... NOT...

thanks lady... there are no words which succintly and truly explain you ... and for that i am glad.... Smile

back to the topic... Iraq War caused by gays..... hmmm... who owns that oil company? fess up everybody, is that your cousin at the IMF? alright, now.... i've about had it, whoever blew up those building get your ass up front right now,.... lord knows, it MUST have been a lesbian piloting the jet......

and ladies.. anybody reading this, please realize, i'm razor sharp inside as well as out when it comes to sarcasm... gays cause a war? GET REAL! what a bunch of bunk.

[i was in tears as well as most ... i'm not a rock ... ] on the other hand, i'm not a sponge....

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:26 am 
realwoman

quote:
Originally posted by Cavewoman:

thanks lady... there are no words which succinctly and truly explain you ... and for that i am glad.... Smile

~smiles with Cave...

You know i cannot agree more with you Cave, my friend, and you also know how glad I am for that... she truly is awesome beyond words, and I can never thank you enough for the role you played in getting us together, and making sure that this "Woman-Beyond-Words" become part of my life...

I know, completely off topic, but just had to share my thoughts brought about by your words about her...

Cave - u the best!!!

Real Hugs and a case of Amarula

Love always

Your friend, real

Arrow

light is to darkness as love is to fear...

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:01 am 
drdj2006

they always attack you where you feel safe

some dip s*** comes to my school and tell us all were going to hell

weather we are gay straight or what ever we are teenagers there fore we are going to hell

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

any way they only do it to get a rise out of us cause if someone getis with in 10 feet of him he can sue the person and the school the police have to sround the guy that comes here and keep people away from him other wise he would get a s*** load of money from the people hes sues

thats the big way they get money they are con artists that do nothing for a living and live of of the money they sue out of the people they slander there ate more devout Christians on my campus than these a** cracks that don't give a flying rats firey a** about what other people do they arent even control freakes they just found a way to get free money

when you give them attention they get stronger so just turn you back on them and don't pay any attention or block them out so others cant see thats always fun and makes they all mad *snickers*

love yall these morons are a pain that we can avoid easily

SIX

SIX

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:50 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
coconut

If the war was really caused by gays then maybe they are right that there are no gays in iran Rolling Eyes
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:36 am 
Cavewoman

Real.... whatever that role was I played... you are BOTH most welcome...
don't lose track of that case, one of these days we're gonna come rolling into the drive to crack those seals with you... until then...may you both keep smiling... Smile Exclamation

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:45 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: