BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Articles & Essays

Love and Gods

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Aphrodite

Love and Gods

You know it amazing the way that fate works. Every day the gods amaze me more and more. The people we meet, the people we don't. Everything happens for a reason. I met a woman today that knew a quote that no one else I have met knows. For some reason that really struck me. Every true hopeless romantic should know this quote.

"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and it is not resentful. "

Its longer than that but what she has written is beautiful non the less.

I would do anything for love. I would do anything for the CHANCE of love. True hopeless romantic in the deepest of sense. In fact...I think it is that side that scares woman away. I love woman. I love everything about them. The way they move. The way they smell. The way they taste. The feel of the soft skin as it presses against mine. I love flesh. Its not sex either which is what most people think. I can give myself an orgasm. Usually better than others can for me. I just love flesh. I love the way a womans body feels under my finger tips. I love to touch. If my girl is sitting next to me I will be touching her in some way. My hands running up her legs. Playing with her hair. Kissing her neck. I just love to touch.

My wife left me over it. LOL.

Everything happens for a reason. If my mother had not kicked me out I would never have met my ex-husband and had a beautiful daughter. If I never met my ex I would never have met my sons father. If I never had met my sons father I would never have met my ex wife and If I never had met my ex wife I would never have known what it was like to truly be IN love and what love was all about. To know the way a woman should really be treated. Fate. The gods amaze me.

And now I have to wonder...where will they lead me next?

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:27 am 
Hawaiian

Not every hopeless romantic is Christian...I've heard this often at weddings.

Here's the whole passage of Corinthians 13

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

It's one of the nicest passages of the Bible, it holds for me the essence of what I think Christ stood for, the message that is lacking today.

Anyways. Aph, good to see you back and I wish you love,
~Hawn

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:02 am 
laurakate (BANNED)

it's good to think, regardless of your faith etc, that stuff does happen for a reason. I think it does. Well I hope it does. I have a friend who i think thats happened for. She wants to be a comedian. Last year she was ill to the point where she cant go to uni this year. I interpret that to be a year given to her as a means of getting into her dream career. As for me, well I have had a reasonably challenging past here and there..i hope thats gonna help me be stronger in the future. I have also been extremely lonely and i often still feel that now. But maybe there's a reason for that. Maybe thats so i make more effort with people who actually do want to get to know me. Fate moves in mysterious ways and all that. Im not religious as such but i'd say im spiritual

Post Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:16 pm 
Aphrodite

Thanks Hawn. I had never known the full version. Being as I tried to read the bible and it irritated me. Though I have heard it is a good book. It is good to know that Pagans and Christians alike have something in common.

I am sorry to hear of your challenges Laurakate but I hope that you can keep in mind...yes everything happens for a reason. Every trial that we go through only makes us stronger. I have had many in my life and I count them all as blessings though they may not seem like so at the time. Everything that I have gone through has made me the person I am today and I will always feel blessed to have done so. Keep your chin up.

Brightest blessings and blessed be,
Aph

Last edited by Aphrodite on Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:30 pm 
laurakate (BANNED)

quote:
Originally posted by Aphrodite:
I have had many in my life and I count them all as blessings though they may not seem like so at the time. Everything that I have gone through has made me the person I am today and I will always feel blessed to have done so. Keep your chin up.

Brightest blessings and blessed be,
Aph

thats a very inspiring philosophy, i guess the bad stuff really does help us define ourselves a bit more. It's ironically perhaps a good thing. I hope so anyway Smile

Post Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:52 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: