BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Books and Story Writers

Sarah Waters

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Landie

Sarah Waters

I can absolutely recommend any Sarah Waters novel to any sapphist girl out there. Her novels are really good. Especially Tipping the Velvet. But I warn you, once you start reading you won't be able to put the book down.
Other novels by Sarah includes Fingersmith, Affinity and the Nightwatch.
Happy reading!!
Razz [/b]

Post Sun May 13, 2007 9:28 am 
Crindaguitar

I can't believe no one has commented on this thread - Sarah Waters is a fabulous writer. I haven't read Nightwatch yet though - How is it?

I also enjoyed the tv adaptation of Tipping the Velvet that shows periodically on Logo

Post Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Landie

Hey

Hi I'm happy to hear there's another Sarah Waters fan. The Nightwatch is very good as expected, but it's different from the other books. It's more modern. But a really good read. I wish I could the Tipping tv series but it doesn't show in my country unfortunately.
Are there any other authors that you enjoy? Let me know.

Anyway, happy reading!!

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:19 pm 
Alemona

Your thread made me want to read Sarah Waters so i bought tipping the velvet!^^
It seems really nice^^ (i've only read the first pages yet)

Post Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:42 pm 
Landie

Good choice

Well I'm glad to hear that the thread inspired you too read her books. I couldn't put Tipping down. Hint of advice don't cheat and read further chapters ahead of where you are. The story has some good twists and is really heart breaking, but excellent.

Another book of hers that is also worth a read is Fingersmith. Totally unexpected but great. What's characteristic of her novels is that she leaves clues of things to come that you only realise afterwards. Her novels are very well researched which adds to the details and character of her stories.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!

Post Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:21 pm 
Theodosia

I love Sarah Waters to death! I'm not sure if I like Tipping the Velvet best because of how freaking sexy it is, or Fingersmith because of the crazy plot, but both of those are awesome. Plus I love both the titles. Fingersmith sounded kind of dykey before I even know what it was about.

Affinity was kind of sad, though I guess I should have seen that she was going crazy. I'm the type of person who would totally think it was a ghost if flowers appeared on my bed.

I must admit, I haven't gotten around to Nightwatch because a little bird told me there were no dykes in it and it wasn't Victorian.

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:28 pm 
Eiregirl

She is a wonderful writer and I love her novels

Post Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
loviebear

sarah waters is a wonderful writer tipping the velvet has to be her best maybe im biased we have it shown in this country quite often so sexy to say the least i also lover fingersmith but t.t.v. has to be my alltime favourite ... Exclamation

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:32 pm 
Eilidh
Moderators

Oh, Landie. Thanks for reminding me about Sarah Waters. A friend of mine recommended her books to me last year and I completely forgot to write down her name.

*checks local library's online catalog*
Yep, they have several of her books. I think I'll be heading over there tomorrow to check some out.

~Eilidh

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:40 am 
Landie

Hi,
I'm so glad you rediscovered Sarah Waters Eilidh. Her books are really worth a read.

Theodosia, your little birdie lied. The Nightwatch isn't Victorian but it's a lesbian novel as you can get. Isn't that why we love Sarah Waters?

I can't wait for her next book.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:32 pm 
Alemona

Tipping the velvet was so cool! I definitly have to read another one! So maybe the next one will be Fingersmith

Post Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:15 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: