BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Help Tips and Forum Issues....

Connection issues

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
melons
Site Admin

Connection issues

Hi Ladies

there are some connection issues with the site at the moment and this is due in part to high traffic volume.

I have noticed that some new members are logging into each board (poetry, stories and general boards) however there is no need to login to each as they all function under the same database and if you log in to one board you are automatically logged in to the other two (I hope that maks sense).

If you have issues with seeing that you are logged in to each board then this is an issue with your cookies, not with the site and there are ways to overcome this by resetting your cookies for melswebs.

Unfortunately if you login to each board separately (when already logged in on one of the other boards) this can cause some loops with user access in the database and then we have an issue with reaching the numbers of maximum users.

Remember this is'nt only issues for those of us who log in. Many people come to view the site too and it's also the numbers of database queries (searches) that are performed that can cause an issue.

Some statistics for the site are as follows to give you some perspective on the numbers I am talking about:

Visits per month : 35,000 to 50,000
Page views per month : 370,000 to 500,000

It is not a large site by any means, though we keep costs to a minimum by sharing a server with other sites too. If it becomes too much of an issue then I will look into a dedicated server for the site, though traffic shouldn't warrant that at the moment.

The problems being experienced are also complicated by the server having some issues last week which were only noticed when we experienced difficulties with the gallery an for which I am still trying to work on.

We have been lucky with no major server or database issues for the last year....hopefully this is just a glitch that will be overcome relatively soon.

Hugs to all.

Mel x

Post Mon May 07, 2007 9:37 am 
melons
Site Admin

Forgot to Mention.....

Since I integrated the boards for everyone to use we have had....

Total : 1,544,163 Visits

and

Total : 13,361,922 Page views

It's a small site.....but then we are a minority and an elite group of women Wink

hugs,

Mel x

Post Mon May 07, 2007 9:47 am 
Roman

Mel -
You rock!!
Thanks!
~Cheers, Jack

~ Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me ~

Post Mon May 07, 2007 10:25 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >