BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Mels Campout and Meet-Ups!

2007 Poll... WHEN?

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
WHEN, what month?
January
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
February
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
March
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
April
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
May
19%
 19%  [ 4 ]
June
66%
 66%  [ 14 ]
July
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
August
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
September
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Cavewoman

2007 Poll... WHEN?

While I think some of the thinking regarding 2007 is beginning to congeal, another topic has arisen. Namely, WHEN do you ladies want to try to arrange a possible 2007 gathering?

April
May
June
July etc..... please participate by signing off on the poll..

Every little bit of input helps us reach a decision. Sitting and silently reading helps little.

Nope, I haven't even included November or December ... for nearly every person I know, those two months are simply booked solid with family and holiday events...

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:17 am 
lemons

A poll I think is a good idea! I've been keeping an eye on what everyone has been saying and suggesting for 2007. I do have to admit things have been crazy so I haven't been able to help out right at this time with all the research you all have been doing.

I personally chose June ...... school is out (for those w/ kids), if held in the U.S. June, althought any month can be unpredictable, seems to be the best weatherwise. Being in Iowa, our weather changes so often. June often is very pleasant. Just my personal thoughts.

I promise I will try to help with research if still needed soon!

A huge thank you to all who have been diligently searching for us all to gather for 2007!!!!!!!

Lem

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:38 am 
ladielove

I like june too,,

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:52 pm 
1seed

Cave

I tried to vote for June but it gave me an error message. I am also checking with a friend that lives in rural Kansas to help find some place in the midwest.

seed

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:07 pm 
Dueceswild

I voted for May, I've said before I like late May eairly June. Are we bringing kids? Personally I'm not, this is a vacation for the Mommies. Both S and I have worked very hard to get me throu school, and now she is concidering going back herself, which means even more work and we will deserve the break! Don't get me wrong I don't have a problem with others bringing kids, but I just won't be bringing mine. Another point to bring up is..... Is this a proper enviroment for kids? Not that we will get too wild, but there will be alcohol involved correct? One thing I've learned is that when there is alcohol and people you don't know there are bound to be a few loud moment, not in a bad way just loud, I think that needs to be pointed out so that if someone does bring thier kids they realize that not everyone has them or thinks about how thier actions will effect kids. Also I don't want anyone to be left out of anything. Is 9 months long enough to find a sitter for a week? OK I've rambled enough

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:26 pm 
chordphrute

June for moi, please..however i can do the end of may and the first half of july as well. June just tends to be the all-inclusive-free-month for me.

Post Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:07 pm 
DamagedGoods

I voted June too... but for me the reasoning was because I would prefer June or after, which gives me 12months to save airfare from Australia to USA.

As for kids, I have a 13yo... I'm seriously thinking whether I would bring her or not... I do think I would hate to leave her miss out on a trip to America, just doesnt seem right. But I also think Deueces comments are valid... and I dont think people should have to deal with kids, when they've taken a holiday away from their own,

Will think some more on that one.
All poems posted by me, unless otherwise stated, are written by me, DamagedGoods, and are ©2002-2009 and must not be used anywhere else without written permission and my copyright details in tact. Thank you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:57 am 
coconut

My two cents

June is usually a good month but that is when most things are reserved so something a little different may be worth thinking about.

august may be an option cause most peopel are not running out on vacation at that time. Just a thought

Ok
As for kids.
I too have a 13 year old daughter and if I was goin to another country I know I would never be foegiven if I didn't take her.

DG
Since we have girls close in age I would be willing to work somethign out as far as a kid sharing sort of thing

You hang ith the ladies and I take the kids off to do something age appropriate (they are adolecent girls. what the hell I woudl do with adolecent girls is beyond me but I'll think of something) and then we coudl swap. That may be an option with anyoen with kids.
Also
The kids could have a room together depending on where it is and such. It would be kind of like a huge slumbe party for them.
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:15 am 
coconut

And
We could utilize the older kids as babysittrs to the younger ones so we adults could have some night time fun

Just for the record
My daughter will be CPR and first aid certified by the end of the year so she will be very useful Wink
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:16 am 
Dueceswild

You argue a good point for the kids coconut! And to be honest I wouldn't leave my 13 yr old at home if I was traveling to another country either. But I was honestly thinking of younger children when I made that comment, ie under 12.... But I do think boys might be inappropriate.... anither reason why I won't bring my kids they are 2 straping young boys!

Post Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:49 pm 
coconut

Gotta share a funny

I was browsing various options in palm springs and there was one really great place that was owned and operated by lesbians and completely lesbian. They do allow children but no boy children over the age of 12. I thought that would be ideal for me. At least there wouldn't be any boys for my daughter to chase Rolling Eyes
somehow near
Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed
somehow you would
be here

Post Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:10 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: