BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Mels Campout and Meet-Ups!

Mels 2007 Campout, Vacation, Meeting...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Cavewoman

okay... I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that Red Cliffs is not going to answer me, I'm also going to take another guess that we wouldn't be very comfortable on their grounds ---- looks entirely straight and absolutely no privacy...

That being said we focus on Florida unless somebody has a particular liking for the SC islands or P-town (which does look to be very male oriented these days and I can vouch for a cold ocean)....

Focusing on Florida, indulge me a moment and check out Sanibel/Captiva Islands....I've been there many many many times, yes, its had its share of hurricane troubles but has managed to pretty much climb out of the rubble.. Its a gorgeous island off the coast of Fort Myers...a bit of a drive, but I cry every time we have to leave... very comfortable place, the entire island is pretty much a wild life refuge = all wildlife has the right of way...here's a link to just one of the larger homes available for rent
http://www.royalshell.com/vrmgr/rental/PropertyDisplay.aspx?PropertyId=494&WebCode=caphome&ReturnPath=/vrmgr/search/WebGroupList.aspx

believe me, its okay if you find its also too pricey... the place has never been known for low budgets but it is absolutely gorgeous and going in June or even late May, the ocean is warm, the surf is low, the beaches are very uncrowded, actually the place is nearly empty compared to high season...

its known as the seashell capital of the world and I'm not talking about little piles left behind high tide which possess tattered remains or busted splinters... I'm talking real whole pristine shells - whelks and such.... crystal clear blue water....

Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:42 am 
chordphrute

The island looks nice Cave... I thought we were sticking to lesbian-owned places? it doesnt matter to me...but if we aren't then I'll stop narrowing my search.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but these links seems to have a lot of great ideas, too :

http://www.saphos.com/travellinks.htm

http://www.purpleroofs.com/

Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:34 pm 
Cavewoman

I also hear YOU chord, we seem to have become scattered... although to be fair, if we wish to visit places like Utah, Alaska, Illinois, etc. without going into large metropolitan areas we are going to have to look at other alternatives.

I also thought we were going to try to avoid hurricane prone areas during the season. I'm getting confused too.

Spent many hours last night looking around the Utah/Nevada/Arizona (4 corners) area searching for camps, private homes without much luck unless we individually up the ante on room costs...

Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:42 pm 
Khaleesi
Moderators

Okay, i know this is practically in my backyard BUT since we are throwing ideas around, my sister and her husband go to a place called Kure Beach, NC quite often. There are houses for rent there and i happen to know that a group of lesbians DO rent a house there every year. How do i know? My brother-in-law told me. LOL i've seen the house myself, not the inside mind you but it is right on the beach. i'll do a little investigating if anyone is interested. BTW it is a fairly quiet beach compared to most. Within walking distance of a pier. Small town etc easily within driving distance of a few local sites.

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:43 pm 
Cavewoman

No offense to anyone... but I think at this point we are in need of some detailed input from those seriously considering planning to attend... None of these places is going to be available on a last minute basis. When Phyllis and I travel via renting private homes, we always have our reservation complete about 10 months out (sometimes 9 but that's pushing it).

So.......... I'm going to fall silent for a bit and see what happens.

My thoughts at this point? I'm still working on contacting many establishments/rentals in the 4-Corners area USA southwest and believe it could be a splendid trip... the scenery is mind boggling, humbling and a work of pure universal energy's art.

My top pics at the moment are:

Casco Pacific - http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/19269.html

Castle In the Desert - http://www.cyberrentals.com/USA/California/Desert-Area/vacation-castle-Palm-Springs/p131957.htm

La Costa de Pipito - http://www.greencoast.com/papito.htm

Florida - http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/5131.html

Florida -
http://www.a1vacations.com/USA/Florida/Disney/Orlando/vacation-house-Orlando/dni/1/p116485.htm

time of year? late may, early June for the sake of escaping huge crowds and grotesque weather

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:19 am 
Khaleesi
Moderators

Okay i'm gonna make one last attempt to explain the root of our problem. Let's say we expect 20 -25 people to show up. So we rent a place big enough. At the last minute 10 people show up. Those of us that show up will have to suck it up and pay the extra because the price for the place isn't gonna change. Now let's look at the opposite problem. We expect 10 - 15 people to show up. So we rent a place appropriate for that number. Then 30 - 35 people show up. Well guess what? There are fire codes controlling the number of people that can stay there. So what do we do? i'm outta here.

slaveofMistress

Never start a row in public when it can be settled politely in private. ~My Father~

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:38 am 
Khaleesi
Moderators

Okay here's a place for everyone to consider. It's still available as of right now.

carolinadesigns.com/cdfinal/asp/master/983m.asp

slaveofMistress

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:22 am 
ghost

my penny's worth

hi ladies

i have been pretty silent up to know, as i dont know the country. and since logistically speaking, USA seems to be the most central place (yes, i know it's big).

what if we ask that those who are really interested in going, must put forward at least 5 places they would like to go to in the USA (based on their won affordability too).

they must also pay a deposit of say 50-100 $ US, into melswebs account (so no one can run off with it lol), and if they later decide no, they now no longer want to attend, it can stay there (i.e. non-refundable) and will be used by mel towards the site costs for melswebs. (if mel is willing to allow this of course).

just a thought to sort the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

regards
ghost (wearing armour for protection against flying objects)

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:25 pm 
Dueceswild

I happen to think thats a great idea ghost! And I agree a 100% with you slave, that is why i think we need to find a place after we put a deposit down. But at the same time if we plan for 5 more than we expect say we get a place big enough to fit 20 but we only have 15 confermed. A place that we can afford, that if someone wants to come at the last minute it just ends up being cheeper than we expected..... and personally if there are more than that that showup then unless it isn't too much over the limit that they cant sleep in sleeping bags on the floor.... then they can get a cheep hotel nearby. i hope that doesn't insult anyone, but We seem to be working hard to make this a nice vacation. And I understand that not everyone knows yet, but still, these things take planning!

Cave, as for where you know i am for FL. But my top 3 in order of fav to least fav are

FL
The castle in the dessert
and that place that slave found.........If i only knew where it was LOL the site didn't say WHERE it is!
Well thats my 2 cents
PS. I got a brocure from Red Cliffs after writting them and specifically asking for more info on prices for a group of women of 20-30 and they sent me a cheep flyer with NO prices AND nothing new from the website. So to be honest if they aren't going to listen to what i'm asking for then i don't have much interest in dealing with them.

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:24 pm 
Khaleesi
Moderators

Duece,

It's on the Outer Banks of NC. i'll go back and search for the exact location.

slaveofMistress

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:25 pm 
Cavewoman

Ghost... that's a fantastic idea....

Deuce ... ditto on Red Cliffs, they have ignored my several emails also.

Though I did from hear from a "private tour" http://www.detoursaz.com/

company in the area and they said our group sounds like a lot of fun and they'd be delighted to work with us. Conversion vans with private driver, 10 leather captain's chairs per van. I inquired about the possibility of picking us all up, getting us to the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Bryce Canyon in three days and then dropping us at Las Vegas or at a private vacation home in the Flagstaff area. Advertised rates per person for similar tours were about $350 per person. Considering ALL the driving, gasoline, coordination, park entry fees etc. would be included it sounded pretty cheap all in all. I made no commitments and will be getting on the phone with them tomorrow or Monday or Tuesday (my work schedule is a wreck right now). I've also got several more emails out there to a couple interesting "cottage/cabin" places along Route 66... again they listed no rates. Its only been about 2 days so I'm still waiting. Red Cliffs I submitted over 10 days ago.

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:57 pm 
Cavewoman

http://www.thecanyonmotel.com/

funky funky place AND the owners wrote me back... and yes, they know who we are... check it out...

Hello Bonnie,
Thank you for thinking of us for your stay. We would be more than happy to have you stay with us. As of today, we have the whole month of June, 2007 open. Our Cottages are regular motel rooms. Each cottage has 3 motel rooms. We have rooms with one King bed or rooms with two Double beds. Our group rate on the Cottage rooms would be 65.95 + tax. We also have two Red Cabooses. One has a Queen and a bunk with a Queen on top and a Queen on bottom. Last but not least we have a Pullman Rail Car. It has three separate motel rooms. Room #1 has a Queen bed and the group rate is 69.95 + tax. Room #2 has a Queen and a Twin. Room #3 has a Queen and a futon couch that folds out into a double bed. The Group rate for these two rooms is 99.95 + tax. All of our rooms have a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in them. We do offer continental breakfast. We have an indoor swimming pool. We would need to know how many people are in your group and how many rooms we will need to block off for your stay. You may call us at any time 1-800-482-3955. Thank you for thinking of us, again.
Tina and Shirley
The Canyon Motel and Railroad RV Park

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:59 pm 
Dueceswild

Sricking with my top 3.
PS that makes it even cooler Slave, i thought it was in another country for some reason!

Post Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:12 pm 
chordphrute

My top 4

My top 4 favorites (I did a LOT of narrowing down):

Casco Pacific : It looks like paradise, absolutely amazing. The price is decent too if we get the right amount of people!! We'd just have to think of other costs - like airfare, all that jazz... to create a total approximate $$$.
Site: http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/19269.html

California Castle in the Desert: This one looks - wow. How did you find this?!? Do we know anything about the atmosphere in the surrounding area? This one sounds more cost effective than the one above - because its the same amount of money for the week as the first one...but we can have 8 more people for the same price per week!! That would lessen our costs immensely!
Site: http://www.cyberrentals.com/USA/California/Desert-Area/vacation-castle-Palm-Springs/p131957.htm

Triangle Inn : It looks really lovely - the site is not so well-done, but from the photos, it looks like it might be worth looking into!
Site : http://www.triangleinn.com/bienvenidos.htm

Dawn Ranch Lodge: This looks like a classy place - it's affordable, in a beautiful area, and has plenty of space... plus I found the site on PurpleRoofs.com - so it's either gay owned or gay-friendly Smile
Site: http://www.fifes.com/index.htm

Post Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:43 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: