BACK TO HOME PAGE SITE NAVIGATION CONTACT POETRY FORUM STORY FORUM   Horoscope  Radio  Gallery  FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   PM's   

General Forum Index -> Works of Art

Art, Literature, ANYTHING ??

Ladies Lifestyle and Living Store
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
lyra27

Art, Literature, ANYTHING ??

Yes, this may appear to be quite a boring and pointless entry for the majority of you, but I've been skirting about these forums and have failed to find anybody with similar interests as I.

What are your oppions on art, and literature..? Are you a big reader or not so much. What type of books to you read? Is anyone into arthouse movies, or perhaps classic french paintings? Can anyone here actually draw or paint, coz I think I must have been born with ZERO artistic abilities...

Either way, I hope someone replies!

Ally Smile

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:50 am 
cycles

yes-I cruise the net Daily-looking for good entries on art and music and poetry....i write my own poetry--play guitar--and now dabble in visual arts--rather than having it as the main focus of attention...Out here on the net--I often feel like I've walked into a library! For example--over on your side of the pond--in music--you have Wendy Mathews(sp?)--an ex-patriot Canuck--from my home town of Montreal. And Monique Brumby. And Rivertribe--eclectic new age music--I think they are based out of Melbourne. And of course Bluehouse, the band--and Emma Wall. .I read too--and one of the best Aussie books of poetry-very novel presentation--is Dorthy Porter's The Monkey's Mask (which was adpated into a movie)

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

My tastes are many and varied. I like tracy harding (aussie author), weiss and hickman (dragon chronicles), Redfield (celestial prophecy), magick, energetics, tantra, vanessa Mae, Loreena Mckennitt,Tori amos,Ferrick, amanda Marshall and classic rock. I love a not so well known artist amy steinberg, awesome female empowering music that lifts the soul and challenges one's spirit. I used to play violin and guitar, I don't anymore. I love carving wood, and working with my hands. I do not claim to be an artist, but expression is valuable just the same, even if it's just for me.

I love to find beauty everywhere from the ability to bring a smile to a stranger, the way the leaves dance in the breeze, and the ocean calm or pounding on the shore. I love truth and honesty and gentle spirits with deep passion in love and life. I love vulnerable souls who are not afraid to be who they are and to share willingly despite obvious differences.

I'm melencholy today but I'm still my same confident self. I'm tired of much, and hurting over issues, and thankful for what I do have when others have so little. I don't know if we have anything in common or not, but it's nice sharing with you.

Have a goo day,

brat

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:28 pm 
cycles

Loreena and Amanda are Canucks--both from Ontario I think....anyway--read any Ursula K LeGuin?...how come you have given up the music playing?..........Someday--and dreams can have opportunity--I want to visit Oz...ride a bicycle from Sydney to Melbourne--then take a flight up to Kakadu Nat'l Park...............Aussie woods are notoriously difficult HARD to carve--so--what are you working with?

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:42 pm 
Phoenix
Moderators

I gave up guitar when a fork lift went through mine years ago when I moved to Saudi Arabia. I quit violin in 1989 when I left Jacksonville Florida where my teacher was, and my pinkey problem was just too persistent. I may take up cello when I get the time. I do love cello. I have also almost bought an accoustic guitar almost 3 times this past year so I do see that somewhere on the horizen.

I love aussie woods, they are so beautiful. I work with plain old American stuff, Oak, Pine, Redwood. I messed up my athame, so I will have to start it over again. It's a lovely design that I can't wait to finish, maybe that's what I will do this weekend.

I have been fortunate to travel the world over many times. I love new places and most people are pretty much the same, just different norms one must incorporate to have a pleasent visit with them. I love Bavaria and Greece the most for overseas places. Sydney was wonderful but has too many painful memories for me. America is an incredible country with more to see than one can imagine. I'd like to go out to Arizona, Colorado, and the Pacific NW to enjoy the ocean there.

Not sure about Ursula, though the name sounds familier. I am a very avid reader. I did not list all my fav authors. I love phyllis currott, starhawk, sci-fi and fantasy, as well as books on assundry of self help, psychology, prayer, meditation, dream walking, out of body and astral travel. Oh and I love ghosties. Never met a ghosty I didnt want to talk to.

brat

Post Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:56 pm 
cycles

Well-of cello--you can be inspired by Yo Yo Ma's work! Of carving--what are you working on creating?..........Of reading here this week-I am looking at Pablo Neruda.

Post Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:15 am 

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: